Guess What Jack Nunge Just Did?

This thread frames an annual question for me: would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the tournament?

The standard answer is make the tournament, but I don't know. Which fan base is happier right now??????
If you care about how things look you pick making the NCAA. If you are a real fan of the team you wanted to see the season not end that soon and have more games. Have more time with this years team. More time with the guys that are leaving. Not so bad to be one of the few that end the season with a win.

Of course is it that hard a decision when you are comparing a quick exit to a weak team vs. a championship run? Maybe if we made a better showing and lost to Kansas by 8?

Likely no way to do it, but given how the Dance selections are organized, it would be fascinating to have a list of NIT teams that rate higher than some comparative number of Dance teams. Maybe look at Xavier, for example and compare them to some number of Dance participants.

Whenever my grandkids want to go to PR, I tell them it’s closed down. They have the only pizza that does not have any sauce. Yeah, the chicken is pretty good. And Kirsten and I always fix up a root beer float for dessert.

this just isn't true. it neglects the CBI, which is another prestigious post-season tournament. also, some conferences don't allow all teams to participate in their conference tournament, so there are a fair number of teams who do win their last game.
I can't be the only person that forgets the CBI exists. And how many teams have won their conference tournys and not played in the dance? I mean outside of say a post season ban of the program of some sort I don't think that happens does it? Those are all automatic bids in aren't they?

Speaking of post season bans It sounds like Memphis is in hot water. I find it funny that Penny has been at his gig for 10 mins and has his alma mater a complete mess. Yet Bill Self is in the title game just smiling like he's gotten away with something...

Casey's pizza is better...

:cool:
I like Casey's. Just had pizza last night from Hoppe's in Benton Wisconsin that was out of of this world!

The pizza at the Ranch is hit and miss but the broasted chicken, stuffing, and salad bar make up for it.

Our local Pizza Ranch has recently added a kids type gameroom that it right up the alley for a four year old.

Latest posts