Grinnell

cohawkeye

Any comments on a team shooting 44 from 111 from 3 and not taking one shot inside the arc.

The next generational version of Paul Westhead. Not sure I could watch a game like that.

They still do that eh... I went to one of there games back in like 2005 or so when their old coach the patriarch of what they do was still there. It's such an insane way to have the game played. It's fun to watch a few times but I couldn't get into it on anykind of continuous level.

I went to a game back in 2010. It is not fun to watch. Play zero defense and launch bad shot after bad shot. Little to no flow to the games too. That game was also against Emmaus Bible College (Dubuque). They are literally worse than a top 3A or 4A Iowa team.

That "innovative" thinking outside the box style of play has led them to an elite 4-6 DIII record.

Insert eye roll here.

That "innovative" thinking outside the box style of play has led them to an elite 4-6 DIII record.

Insert eye roll here.
That is just this season....they have played other seasons Fry. The system is actually pretty interesting if you study up on it....has it's strengths and weaknesses like any other offensive and defensive systems.

I think it beats the shit out of watching Lickball.

I would argue against the notion they play zero defense.....they essentially press and double team the entire game looking for steals, but they are happy to trade 2s for 3s if they can't get steals.....all players shoot over 100 3s in practice daily and they chart who is the best shooters are to get the ball to during their 45 second shifts.

Last edited:
I went to a game back in 2010. It is not fun to watch. Play zero defense and launch bad shot after bad shot. Little to no flow to the games too. That game was also against Emmaus Bible College (Dubuque). They are literally worse than a top 3A or 4A Iowa team.
They're worse than that. The players on that team are about on par with those found at pickup games at the YMCA.

That is just this season....they have played other seasons Fry. The system is actually pretty interesting if you study up on it....has it's strengths and weaknesses like any other offensive and defensive systems.

I would argue against the notion they play zero defense.....they essentially press and double team the entire game looking for steals, but they are happy to trade 2s for 3s if they can't get steals.....all players shoot over 100 3s in practice daily and they chart who is the best shooters are to get the ball to during their 45 second shifts.
Some games they don’t have an offense player ever cross half court to play d. So yeah I would say don’t play what I call defense. 3 triple teaming in the back court isn’t defense. It is a gimmick that really only works against inferior opponents.

The funny thing is their coach is actually a good coach. He was 33-17 his last year in the nba g league as a coach.

Warburg was 37/58 from the field and 35/46 from the line against them ‍♂️♂️

Northside I was trying to be nice describing Emmaus

Some games they don’t have an offense player ever cross half court to play d. So yeah I would say don’t play what I call defense. 3 triple teaming in the back court isn’t defense. It is a gimmick that really only works against inferior opponents.

The funny thing is their coach is actually a good coach. He was 33-17 his last year in the nba g league as a coach.

Warburg was 37/58 from the field and 35/46 from the line against them ‍♂️♂️

Northside I was trying to be nice describing Emmaus
It is called goon ball when they do that....puts them in position for a fast break sooner.

Is LIckliter still around?

Just a while ago the question crossed my mind if Grinnell was still running that system. It's like they know they are the Ivy League school of Iowa and need a gimmick style for the hell of it. Doesn't bother me.

The game I'd like to watch is Grinnell vs. Greenville. Both teams play that style. It would be like watching the ball in a tennis match.....

Latest posts