Gregory is Barta's #1 guy - full buyout and $2M/year

HawkeyeRyno

Banned
Just got text from my source:

"Brian Gregory is Barta's #1 guy...but wants long term contract with full buyout and $2M/year"

Take for what it is worth but I believe it. Question is, is he worth it?

Last edited:
BTW, my "source" played for Davis, good friend of mine. Keep in mind, did NOT say Gregory is going to be hired just what he asked for from Barta. I believe it.

I got a text from a friend earlier that he wanted a girl who was think and Swedish. I hope my friend gets his wish before this ever happens.

Those $$$ numbers are pretty steep sauce...no doubt it was fun to watch his team run Illinois ragged last night, but that's a pretty heavy price tag.

Just got text from my source:

"Brian Gregory is Barta's #1 guy...but wants long term contract with full buyout and $2M/year"

Take for what it is worth but I believe it. Question is, is he worth it?

Would Brian Gregory really be worth $2M/yr and the 3rd highest paid coach in the B10? I would say not.

1. Thad Matta, Ohio State, $2.5 million, according to the Associated Press and other sources when he received a raise in September 2007.
2. Tom Crean, Indiana, average of $2.36 million through 2018, according to the Indianapolis Star and other sources.
3. Tubby Smith, Minnesota, more than $1.8 million annually based on a $13 million, seven-year contract, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune and other sources.
4. Tom Izzo, Michigan State, $1.7 million, according to Fox News and and other sources.
5. John Beilein, Michigan, $1.3 million, according to multiple sources when he signed in April 2007.
6. Bo Ryan, Wisconsin, $1.25 million, according to multiple sources when he received a raise in April 2007.
7. Todd Lickliter, Iowa, $1.2 million, according to his contract, which can be found on the internet divided into base pay ($650,000) and public relations/camps/TV-radio/apparel ($550,000).
8. Bill Carmody, Northwestern, more than $1.1 million, according to the school’s 2007 990 tax form (available online) and a report at charitynavigator.org, which quoted his salary at $1,132,965 as of March 2007.
9. Weber, $1 million, according to the university.
10. Matt Painter, Purdue, $843,000, according to the Indianapolis Star.
11. Ed DeChellis, Penn State, $500,000, according to the web site coacheshotseat.com

2 mil a year is way to steep for an unproven guy like that. Barta is better off getting Forbes for 1.5 mil and have some extra cash to throw at a guy that has HC experience to be be his right hand man.

If it is truly him, hopefully he can bring in 4-star PG Juwan Staten with him!! They also have a recruit by the name of Dean Oliver!

Latest posts