Greg McDermott?

IowaFanSince82

I think he would be a good fit at Iowa. He is a known recruiter and has several good players. He is a coach who changed his system after the first 2 years at ISU. He used to be a slow it down and run an offense. He still does that, but its more run and gun style as well. I just look at the athletes he recruits and wonder what they could do in the Big Ten. Brackins would be on the same level as Evan Turner. I think Mcdermott knows how to recruit and I think he would be a good fit at Iowa. I know he isn't having the best year at ISU, but the big 12 is a lot tougher than the big ten!

My friend, whatever you are smoking, we ALL want it!

He has arguably done worse at ISU given the talent level he has had and still hasn't made the tournament. His player retention rate is no better than Lick's.

I don't see how he would be better AT ALL! Thanks for the laugh though.

double-facepalm.jpg

However, I will say that there have been more fast breaks in this KSU/ISU game than I have ever seen in 3 years under Lick's tenure!

For those that have forgotten what a fast break is:

fast break:
noun - Sports

a play or method of play that brings the ball from one end of the court to the other quickly, usually by one or two quick passes in an attempt by the offensive team to score before the defensive team can get into position.

Mac is probably on his way out after this season and I wouldn't put it past Barta to hire Mac in the future should Lick not be retained. Barta just seems like the type of clueless A.D. to do such a foolish thing. He's already proved he would do something this stupid!

Originally Posted by Dave19642006
If Pollard does not address the toilet flushing of this program soon, you really think that the boosters will support him?? I would say not. I believe he will address this soon. Maybe Chris Williams can ask Pollard on what his thoughts are on the production of the Basketball team and what if ANY changes will be made concerning this issue
The empty seats is what should concern JP. That is the sign of a dying program.

FALSE!!!

This is what you call a clueless Clone fan!! If this was the case, Iowa would have a new coach by now! Sad to know that there expectations are much higher than ours.

after he gets canned in the offseason then yes i will take him as our Head Recruiter/assistant. not head coach. I got to give him props on recruiting but he is really struggle to get them wins. I mean look how good Wesley Johnson looks.

Originally Posted by Dave19642006
If Pollard does not address the toilet flushing of this program soon, you really think that the boosters will support him?? I would say not. I believe he will address this soon. Maybe Chris Williams can ask Pollard on what his thoughts are on the production of the Basketball team and what if ANY changes will be made concerning this issue

The empty seats is what should concern JP. That is the sign of a dying program.

FALSE!!!

This is what you call a clueless Clone fan!! If this was the case, Iowa would have a new coach by now! Sad to know that there expectations are much higher than ours.

Their expectations were high going into this season, with 2 NBA-caliber players on the roster. Instead, they've found out that Brackins shuts it down when he gets double teamed, and that everyone else stands around waiting for him and Gilstrap to go off.

They went 12-2 in the non-conference, and are probably going to finish with an overall record of below .500.

McDermott is probably kicking himself for leaving UNI much like Terry Allen did when he left to coach Kansas football. McD iswishing for the UNI coach to leave so he can go back and coach his son at UNI. Grass isn't always greener on the other side.

McDermott is probably kicking himself for leaving UNI much like Terry Allen did when he left to coach Kansas football. McD iswishing for the UNI coach to leave so he can go back and coach his son at UNI. Grass isn't always greener on the other side.

But the money is, and he'll have a nice payday if Pollard drops the hammer.

I think he would be a good fit at Iowa. He is a known recruiter and has several good players. He is a coach who changed his system after the first 2 years at ISU. He used to be a slow it down and run an offense. He still does that, but its more run and gun style as well. I just look at the athletes he recruits and wonder what they could do in the Big Ten. Brackins would be on the same level as Evan Turner. I think Mcdermott knows how to recruit and I think he would be a good fit at Iowa. I know he isn't having the best year at ISU, but the big 12 is a lot tougher than the big ten!

What a truly awful post. I can't remember a post being so out of touch with reality and willfully ignorant of the facts. McDermott has proven only one thing at ISU, and that is he is a consistent loser.

I'm sorry for suggesting someone who has won before. HE recruits great talent and he is a good X's and O's coach. HE is TWICE the coach lickliter is. I would much rather have mcdermott than lick. sorry my personal opinion. At least Greg's teams score over 70pts a game!

I'm sorry for suggesting someone who has won before. HE recruits great talent and he is a good X's and O's coach. HE is TWICE the coach lickliter is. I would much rather have mcdermott than lick. sorry my personal opinion. At least Greg's teams score over 70pts a game!

But that doesn't help if you give up 80 pts

I'm sorry for suggesting someone who has won before.

McDermott has won at a mid-major, and that's all so far. Just like Lickliter, McDermott hasn't been able to prove that he can win in a major conference.

What makes you think he can win at Iowa if he can't win at ISU?

First part means absolutely nothing...Lick was a proven winner at Butler. Not saying Lick can't get it done, just not sure how much time he will have left to show it at Iowa. Also, i'm not so sure Mac, himself is a great recruiter. He has some very good recruiting coaches with many hook-ups.

Latest posts