Greg Garmon

Derby best LB Iowa has ever had. Garmon best RB Iowa has ever had. Jake Ruddock best QB Iowa has ever had. Only reason they are all not all americans....KF.

Yes, yes, no. Jake Ruddock is the best safety Iowa has ever had. He just hasn't switched positions yet.

beating-a-dead-horse.gif

I dont know about this, it will take awhile for him to adjust to our offense. He barely even ran out of an I formation, last I checked we dont have a wing formation

No, he shouldn't. He should have to earn his starting position. The last thing these kids need is someone building up their sense of entitlement by anointing them starting before they set foot on campus. And one other thing, the recruiting services have been wrong in the past.

Jake C thinks you are wrong.

You guys are all right. Canzeri proved his worth in the bowl game, game breaker for sure. Garmon shouldn't get a shot at playing time.

I love the extremism on this board, so many people avoid making a reasonable response. If you suggest McCall should have played, people assume you're saying he was going to win the Heisman (even though you haven't suggested so), it's not that there were reasonable times to put him in the game. Derby is an all american LB, etc.

What do we know about McCall? Ferentz didn't skip a beat in deciding to go to him in place of Coker in that first game and he was being talked about quite a bit before the season. God forbid anyone mention his name.

You guys are all right. Canzeri proved his worth in the bowl game, game breaker for sure. Garmon shouldn't get a shot at playing time.

I love the extremism on this board, so many people avoid making a reasonable response. If you suggest McCall should have played, people assume you're saying he was going to win the Heisman (even though you haven't suggested so), it's not that there were reasonable times to put him in the game. Derby is an all american LB, etc.

What do we know about McCall? Ferentz didn't skip a beat in deciding to go to him in place of Coker in that first game and he was being talked about quite a bit before the season. God forbid anyone mention his name.

This aspect of the boards is one I can't stand. It makes it tough to hold reasonable discussion when everything is turned into absolutes.

You guys are all right. Canzeri proved his worth in the bowl game, game breaker for sure. Garmon shouldn't get a shot at playing time. I love the extremism on this board, so many people avoid making a reasonable response. If you suggest McCall should have played, people assume you're saying he was going to win the Heisman (even though you haven't suggested so), it's not that there were reasonable times to put him in the game. Derby is an all american LB, etc. What do we know about McCall? Ferentz didn't skip a beat in deciding to go to him in place of Coker in that first game and he was being talked about quite a bit before the season. God forbid anyone mention his name.

you forgot the part where they say how many yards Coker has as a reason to not play anyone else. even tho the reason he has so many yards is because they don't play anyone else.

This aspect of the boards is one I can't stand. It makes it tough to hold reasonable discussion when everything is turned into absolutes.
I dont think the boards turn everything into absolutes at all...
If you hate every single aspect about these boards why post here.

Greg Garmon was the least ready freshman RB we've seen at Iowa in over a decade.

His high school stats were not at all impressive....1,050 yards on 137 carries (7.6ypc) and 16 touchdowns. Not the kind of dominant season you expect from a top 25 rated RB. He was rated so high based on potential vs. performance as he did perform very well at combines and showed blazing speed. I still think he is a hybrid, or a receiver. Not built like a RB, and has not shown the vision of a RB yet. A little time catching up to the speed at this level and a year or two of weights and he may very well be a RB, but I think we have others better suited to it.

Greg Garmon was the least ready freshman RB we've seen at Iowa in over a decade.

Yep, and that is what I was saying over and over. His high school ran a gimmicky HUNH offense where he was pretty much exclusively lined up in the slot and got handoffs in motion. He WAS NEVER lined up in the backfield as a traditional back.

It was going to take Garmon a minimum of a year to learn how to do this, if he has the ability at all. If our coaches were more creative and better recruiters I wouldn't be surprised to see him shift out of the backfield.

Yep, and that is what I was saying over and over. His high school ran a gimmicky HUNH offense where he was pretty much exclusively lined up in the slot and got handoffs in motion. He WAS NEVER lined up in the backfield as a traditional back.

It was going to take Garmon a minimum of a year to learn how to do this, if he has the ability at all. If our coaches were more creative and better recruiters I wouldn't be surprised to see him shift out of the backfield.

Yup. He should be used the way melvin gordon was in the big ten champ game.

If he doesant get stronger he will be buried on the depth chart or have to switch positions. No question about it

Latest posts