Greg Davis recruiting

Recruiting at Texas is unlike recruiting everywhere else. Recruits go to Texas and all Texas does is evaluate them and then decide if they join the team. Not much running around looking for recruits in other states...

looking at the last few years, Texas has gotten on avg 4 players outside the state, how hard is that, from what i heard he recruited primarily the QB's, also its almost like Texas has a waiting list and they can pick and choose who gets in or not.

I just don't know how KF is gonna justify his connection to Iowa and that he is a " good fit" as he always says.

the guys in his 60's that close enough?
KF contract runs another 8 years, Davis can coach til he is about 70, then he can turn it over to Brian and let Brian higher his own OC, or train David Raih to be the new OC over the next 8 years and Woods can learn to be the next DC when PP retires and DL coach RM retires. its the old coaches plan for group retirement plan

the guys in his 60's that close enough?
KF contract runs another 8 years, Davis can coach til he is about 70, then he can turn it over to Brian and let Brian higher his own OC, or train David Raih to be the new OC over the next 8 years and Woods can learn to be the next DC when PP retires and DL coach RM retires. its the old coaches plan for group retirement plan

lazytown_oh_you.jpg

It's Iowa. Davis will not get any recruits from Texas that the Longhorns or Sooners want. However, he may be able to steal a few from A&M, Baylor, TCU, etc.

Sorta like Ohio, the Hawks aren't gonna get a kid the Bucks want.

Or the dozens of other programs that get allot Texas kids.

If this hire turns out to be true then I love it. I would rather have an OC who has done it on the big stage. I think this would be a win-win all the way around.

Latest posts