Greenwood

Tough to see Brett like this. Miracles can happen for Brett. My brother was hit by a drunk driver. The doctors gave him a 1% to live and that would be in a vegetative state. He was brain injured and they had to cut out the part of the brain that controls speech. He lost sight in one eye and lost hearing in one ear. Today he's married, three kids, works full time and speaks pretty well. I don't want to turn this into a religion post but God performs miracles every day. Keep the faith Brett, you'll make it. Prayers go out to Brett and family.

Tough to see Brett like this. Miracles can happen for Brett. My brother was hit by a drunk driver. The doctors gave him a 1% to live and that would be in a vegetative state. He was brain injured and they had to cut out the part of the brain that controls speech. He lost sight in one eye and lost hearing in one ear. Today he's married, three kids, works full time and speaks pretty well. I don't want to turn this into a religion post but God performs miracles every day. Keep the faith Brett, you'll make it. Prayers go out to Brett and family.

Wow, that's a miracle there. I'm so happy it worked out the best it could have.

My wife worked in a comprehensive rehab (SCI, severely brain injured, stroke, aneurysm, you name it....) for 18 years and has seen a ton in those years as well as some miracles like your brother's situation above. When Brett Greenwood's injury happened, she said it could be an uphill battle for him. I was kind of prepared as far as is progress.

It is not where we may all want him, but with his diagnosis/condition, he has done well. Hopefully he continues to progress.

Wow, that's a miracle there. I'm so happy it worked out the best it could have.

My wife worked in a comprehensive rehab (SCI, severely brain injured, stroke, aneurysm, you name it....) for 18 years and has seen a ton in those years as well as some miracles like your brother's situation above. When Brett Greenwood's injury happened, she said it could be an uphill battle for him. I was kind of prepared as far as is progress.

It is not where we may all want him, but with his diagnosis/condition, he has done well. Hopefully he continues to progress.
Thank God for people like your wife who are willing to work with people who have these tragedies happen to them. Most people feel to uncomfortable to be around those who need help.

Thank God for people like your wife who are willing to work with people who have these tragedies happen to them. Most people feel to uncomfortable to be around those who need help.

Yes, it does take a special person and many have the same attribute. I just can't describe it but there is a similar denominator between many of them. She had similar jobs after HS & while in college such as helping out in group homes. There's just something in her to help people.

I also have spent time on the other side and spent 6 wks in a comprehensive rehab. You cannot pay these people enough. This was the same facility she worked in but was prior to her starting there. I met her after. For years, I would get asked and visit the patient's with my similar Dx/condition.

I don't know how much of that special thing this has contributed in our relationship and eventual marriage, but it has played a role in our lives. It's weird how life turns out. Now we have terrific 8 year old twins out of our union and I wouldn't change a thing if I had a chance. Well, maybe a couple but not the obvious! ;)

Sometimes the "miracle" is not what someone accomplishes after a tragic injury or condition but how they display the human spirit through their fight and inspire others with their effort.

what a depressing week this has been, Sash, Marble and now seeing Greenwood like this. Man, I hope Iowa wins today and eases the pain.

Latest posts