Greatest pair of siblings in sports history?

I'm not really sure how this list wouldn't have the DiMaggio's at or near the top.

As a FB family you certainly would have the Manning's at the top, but the brothers encompasing all sports, all time......? That's the classic example of people getting caught up in the moment and/or not having a sense of history.

Agree and usually I don't go into the history of things, but the DiMaggios have to be at the top. Eli/Payton have some years to play yet and they may end up more accomplished. A 56 game hitting streak is something that may not be broken, if ever, for another 30 years.

My list would be:

1. Manning brothers for sure. You can't really beat 3 superbowl rings combined. Who would've thought that Eli would have 2 before Peyton though?

2. Williams sisters.

3. Gasol brothers.

I'm not very old though so I don't know about some of the other older pairings that some people have mentioned.

Other sibling pairings of note that I don't think anyone else has shared yet:

Brook and Robin Lopez.
Thomas and Julius Jones.
Jon and Brent Barry
Perdo and Ramon Martinez.
Vladimir and Wilton Guerrero.

Pretty epic fail not including Troy and Darren Davis.

Pretty epic fail not including Troy and Darren Davis.

Damn you.

I just came here to post this.

How about Charles and Ed Obannon?

OBannon-Brothers.jpg

And yes I had an O'bannon Nets jersey.

I'm having a hard time finding a compelling reason NOT to vote Peyton/Eli.

Either you're not over 16 and/or you don't know how to read, which is it? The Manning's, as a family in FB, would be a decided number one. However, just knowing a little, even very little history, will tell you that the DiMaggio brothers collectively blow Peyton/Eli out of the water. That says nothing of Dizzy/Dazzy Vance. Reading is good. Knowing history is good,. Getting caught up in the moment shows ignorance.

Mark, Ronnie & Kevin Harmon

Nice....., and when we include their 'Dad' Tom and 'Sister' Kristin we have the clear and undecided winner, at least as a family. At the very least they have more Heisman Trophy winners than the Mannings.

Either you're not over 16 and/or you don't know how to read, which is it? The Manning's, as a family in FB, would be a decided number one. However, just knowing a little, even very little history, will tell you that the DiMaggio brothers collectively blow Peyton/Eli out of the water. That says nothing of Dizzy/Dazzy Vance. Reading is good. Knowing history is good,. Getting caught up in the moment shows ignorance.

Also the "it was better when I was younger" shows igorance.

Comparing a sure fire HOFer and a possible HOFer brother is just fine compared to a HOFer and a good player as a brother. The Mannings right now are the best, and by the time Eli retires it won't be close.

Has anyone mentioned Mark and Dan McGwire yet? One of the best HR hitters ever and the best QB ever to reside in Iowa City is a pretty good combo.

After discussing this on another site as well, I'm compelled to list the Matthews brothers, Clay and Bruce as the top siblings.

Latest posts