Great WBB game in Carver today (3 pm)

Would love to see Carver sold out! This team and Megan deserve it! Go Hawks!

One thing I bet they didn't anticipate but we are starting to wonder about...kids under 5 don't have to buy a ticket. If they actually sell out, there will be lots of kids on laps :) (including our 2 youngest). Good problem to have, Go Hawks!

Ceremony happens after the game.

I will miss it. At oldest daughter’s volleyball tournament in Mount Vernon. Youngest daughter pissed about missing Iowa women’s game.

Ceremony happens after the game.

I will miss it. At oldest daughter’s volleyball tournament in Mount Vernon. Youngest daughter pissed about missing Iowa women’s game.
Ahh, yes. Weekend club tournaments.

Lots of stiff legs, sore rear ends, hot dogs and pizza slices for lunch, two to four hour drives...

...and I wouldn't have missed a moment of it.

What makes volleyball club tournaments even more taxing is that players are frequently required to officiate other matches and keep score. And when you get out of pool play and into tournament play the semifinal losers have to stick around and ref the championship.

We were lucky in that both my volleyball daughter and basketball son played on teams that had parents who got along with each other and hung out together between games, frequently in a sports bar. Some teams aren't so lucky; entire parents of some teams don't get along with each other so well, or engage in petty cliques, etc. You see more of that with AAU teams than with school club teams.

I'm probably going to watch the NFL Pro Bowl instead, because there is nothing more exciting that watching grown men in full football gear playing touch football

I'm probably going to watch the NFL Pro Bowl instead, because there is nothing more exciting that watching grown men in full football gear playing touch football
A couple good B1G mens games as well. I'm still trying to get rid of ice in places where i don't want it and that is my big task of the day.

lol, he's down to just a handful of people that he will even respond too now.

I'm surprised he didn't start a women's gymnastics game thread since they were on BTN yesterday.
what's weird is that he just floods the women's b-ball site with his posts and he has to be the one to create the game day threads for every women's game. If someone else beats him to it with starting a game thread, he still creates a game day thread of his own. But, the most annoying thing is that he posts almost every basket made during games, it's like he's trying to do play-by-play in the game day threads.

I thought the women had their own forum now?

Sure, but anyone who visits that forum already knows the women have a game today.

This is a PSA for those that have a passing interest in the other Iowa BB team, but maybe don't know that there is a great game in town today. Chance at a sellout, and the energy is going to be crazy. Great opportunity to watch the #1 team in the B1G, to watch the leading candidate for B1G player of the year (Doyle leads the league in scoring and assists), and to honor the greatest BB player in Iowa history all in one fell swoop.

Ahh, yes. Weekend club tournaments.

Lots of stiff legs, sore rear ends, hot dogs and pizza slices for lunch, two to four hour drives...

...and I wouldn't have missed a moment of it.

What makes volleyball club tournaments even more taxing is that players are frequently required to officiate other matches and keep score. And when you get out of pool play and into tournament play the semifinal losers have to stick around and ref the championship.

We were lucky in that both my volleyball daughter and basketball son played on teams that had parents who got along with each other and hung out together between games, frequently in a sports bar. Some teams aren't so lucky; entire parents of some teams don't get along with each other so well, or engage in petty cliques, etc. You see more of that with AAU teams than with school club teams.
We just had our first indoor BP session. It was a blast. And then people started texting me about Kobe Bryant.

We just had our first indoor BP session. It was a blast. And then people started texting me about Kobe Bryant.
It will definitely go down as one of those "you remember where you were when you heard the news" moments.

I had just left the gym, where the TV monitors would have immediately broke the news, drove five miles to my house, and by the time I let the dogs out and turned TV on, it was everywhere.

On a personal note, my wife is on a plane right now, coming back from Cancun where she has been since Wednesday with other marketing reps and management from her company ( I went with her on the trip two years ago)

It will definitely go down as one of those "you remember where you were when you heard the news" moments.

I had just left the gym, where the TV monitors would have immediately broke the news, drove five miles to my house, and by the time I let the dogs out and turned TV on, it was everywhere.

On a personal note, my wife is on a plane right now, coming back from Cancun where she has been since Wednesday with other marketing reps and management from her company ( I went with her on the trip two years ago)
To give an idea how shocking it was on my end of things, my son’s mom knew I was in the middle of throwing BP and my phone rang, saw it was her so I assumed the worst and thought it was some kind of emergency with a family member. She wouldn’t do that unless it was a major major deal.