Great WBB game in Carver today (3 pm)

To give an idea how shocking it was on my end of things, my son’s mom knew I was in the middle of throwing BP and my phone rang, saw it was her so I assumed the worst and thought it was some kind of emergency with a family member. She wouldn’t do that unless it was a major major deal.
I compared this to some other sports deaths on the Kobe thread, but in the end there may not be a precedent, unless Michael Jordan or Tiger Woods were to have a similar incident

Sure, but anyone who visits that forum already knows the women have a game today.

This is a PSA for those that have a passing interest in the other Iowa BB team, but maybe don't know that there is a great game in town today. Chance at a sellout, and the energy is going to be crazy. Great opportunity to watch the #1 team in the B1G, to watch the leading candidate for B1G player of the year (Doyle leads the league in scoring and assists), and to honor the greatest BB player in Iowa history all in one fell swoop.

So did you hit up the football forum?

Of course the Big 10 Network bails after the Iowa/MSU game and says that Big 10 Network Plus will carry Meghan's ceremony. Who pays extra for Big 10 Network Plus??!?!

I compared this to some other sports deaths on the Kobe thread, but in the end there may not be a precedent, unless Michael Jordan or Tiger Woods were to have a similar incident

Feels a little like the Magic Johnson announcement, many assumed that was a death sentence when that was announced. That one actually turned out much better than everyone expected. I remember very distinctly when I heard that news.

Feels a little like the Magic Johnson announcement, many assumed that was a death sentence when that was announced. That one actually turned out much better than everyone expected. I remember very distinctly when I heard that news.
Imagine if this would have happened next Sunday.

It would take a monumental event to overshadow pregame Super Bowl coverage, but I think this would have qualified.

IDK how involved Barta was with this but kudos to him and those involved that didn't mess around and wait 5 yrs or 10 yrs to get around to doing it. It was an obvious thing to do but for some reason a lot of folks/schools tend to over think it and wait... She's going to live on as an iconic Hawkeye as Nile Kinnick was. Her legacy will go on forever. So waiting to reward her and her family of this would have been a mistake. Well done by everyone involved

Iowa pretty much already had ours with CMS40. That was awful, and though it was before message boards, I just remember everyone I talked to being so down.

Latest posts