Great Game Hawkeye Fans, and way to battle back!

slimcat

Hawkeye fans,

Great game. You're team definitely lived up to its defensive billing; We only had 3 long scoring drives which is much fewer than we're used to seeing. I can't believe how many turnovers and special teams plays led to touchdowns for both teams. Great comeback in the 2nd half to make this a fantastic battle.

Bear Down Hawkeye Fans! Here's to a Rose Bowl Re-match!

Hawkeye fans,

Great game. You're team definitely lived up to its defensive billing; We only had 3 long scoring drives which is much fewer than we're used to seeing. I can't believe how many turnovers and special teams plays led to touchdowns for both teams. Great comeback in the 2nd half to make this a fantastic battle.

Slim - Here is one Hawkeye fan who would LOVE to see you in Pasadena on January 1st! :)

congrats on the victory.

Slim,

I have to say I was impressed with your defense. While the hole we dug allowed them to play a style of defense that's not conducive to winning under normal circumstances (blitzing at least 2 extra guys on 75% of the plays), I was surprised at how well you guys were covering downfield even with the blitzes. Based on that alone, I could see you guys giving Oregon a serious run again. Congrats on the win, you guys earned it!

Zona deserved to win, but it was far from a GREAT game. I'd be willing to bet Iowa 7 or 8 games out of 10 if both teams play to their fullest potential.

Sorry, I'm a very sore loser, so...GFY, slimepuss. Good riddance and get lost.

neither of these two teams will be playing in rose bowl...Oregon is going to ROCK the Pac10

Based on their romps over: New Mexico (quite possibly the worst FBS team of the past 3 years), Tennessee (this has the potential to be the worst Vols team in decades), and Portland State (no explanation necessary)? I'm not going to crown them until they actually play someone.

Wow ARIZONA fans posting the "Nice try" letter on an IOWA football message board. Oh how the mighty have fallen. That makes me want to barf. Thank you vintage for not falling for that bullcrap. keep fighting the good fight.

Wow ARIZONA fans posting the "Nice try" letter on an IOWA football message board. Oh how the mighty have fallen. That makes me want to barf. Thank you vintage for not falling for that bullcrap. keep fighting the good fight.

F those sandy little morons and their Iowa retread coaches. :mad:
And to the anonymous terd who neg-repped the oh-so original "grow up": oh snap you pwn3d me.

Thanks for emulating ISU and making Iowa your superbowl game this year.

As an aside, I'd rather lose with our coach then win with yours.

Goodbye.

I'm rooting for you guys to win every game........... because I want to beat the living **** out of Arizona so f'ing bad right now.

Hawkeye fans,

Here's a tip for 'ya - if you win stay away from the losing teams board because you sound like you're gloating. DB

Here's a tip for 'ya - if you win stay away from the losing teams board because you sound like you're gloating. DB

Hey man, I've been posting all week and promised that I would come on here after the game to congratulate you on a well-played game; win or lose. And that's exactly what I'm doing. Good game.

SDK46 (Seth), man, what a crybaby you are! I didn't know girly-men were CFB fans but guess you're the exception

Slimcat, thanks for the kind words, don't let some of the ladies here get you down. AZ deserved to win the game...case closed

SDK46 (Seth), man, what a crybaby you are! I didn't know girly-men were CFB fans but guess you're the exception

Slimcat, thanks for the kind words, don't let some of the ladies here get you down. AZ deserved to win the game...case closed
They allow internet from jail? Or did you finally get released on bail?

Highly doubtful SlimCat would have shown up if AZ had lost

Simcat,
Thanks for the post and well wishes, I'll take you at your work and assume they are genuine. It was an entertaining game for sure. A bit sloppy on both sides of the ball at times but a fun and exciting game. There were times Iowa seemed absolutely lost out there. I'll give most of that credit to Az players and staff.

I was impressed with the crowd, it was loud on TV and seemed like a great football atmosphere.

I think Iowa will bounce back and make this look like a legit, high quality win for the cats. Would love to see a rematch in January but I have a feeling if both teams earn it they will be split to avoid a rematch. I would oppose that scenario because I really think it would be epic rematch.

Good luck to AZ, I look forward to watching the Cats climb as they b**ch slap the rest of the PAC 10 this season.

Not one word of his post falls under the category of gloating. Just telling us we played well, made it a game after all the early mistakes. And that he wants to see a rematch in the Rose Bowl. What's wrong with that?

SlimCat Thanks for the words, it was a odd game. Both teams had their good moments and both teams had their bad moments. I just couldn't understand what stoops was going nuts about after every flag. I think he even complained after Iowa got flagged one time??

Anyways good Luck the rest of the year, you guys have the making for a top Pac-10 finish and hopefully we will see you again in Cali! Also don't listen to all these Oregon Lovers, until they actually play a "Decent" team, I'm not impressed with them at all.