Great defense by ISU at the end

HaydenHawk56

Got to guard a little tighter there on the perimeter. Though they may have been concerned about Craft's quickness to the basket.

Switch off defensively. Craft can't hit a jumpshot for the life of him, until that one.
Suckeyes.

Niang came over on a late switch, still had a hand in his face. Just a cold-blooded shot by a Craft.

Tough for ISU. Had they won this they would have been tough to beat in LA. Probably the 2nd or 3rd best team in the West bracket behind Ohio St & Arizona.

Good play by OSU making Niang take Craft If Niang gets tighter craft blows by him.

That is where you have to help defense step up on the back end. He still gave him too much room imho. He didn't have to be completely up on him, but he could have been a step or two closer for sure. Though I totally get respecting Craft's quickness.

If you're ISU though, don't you want Craft taking the pull up there though, all things considered?

Not that this necessarily went through their heads but I can almost guarantee you would have seen Craft blow by niang and pick up a foul on his way to the hoop.

But yeah, my original thought was "you gotta get out there on him"

You got to respect Craft there no matter who crappy he was shooting.....

He'd be far and away the Iowa fans' favorite player if he was a Hawkeye. Plays his guts out every minute, great defender, team leader, and breaks the defense down with dribble drives.

Mateen Cleaves (sp?) wasn't a good shooter either but he hit big shots in big moments. Great players tend to do that.

He'd be far and away the Iowa fans' favorite player if he was a Hawkeye. Plays his guts out every minute, great defender, team leader, and breaks the defense down with dribble drives.

Mateen Cleaves (sp?) wasn't a good shooter either but he hit big shots in big moments. Great players tend to do that.

He's aggravating to watch your team play against. But got to give him credit for knocking that down after the way he was struggling the last 4 minutes.

Academic All American, I believe??
probably one of the few real students on the court today.
Plays hard every second he's on the court.
After the hawks, he's my favorite player. (at least for today)

Craft is a good fouler. His actual defense is immensely overrated. Watch Oladipo if you want to see real defense.

Craft is a good fouler. His actual defense is immensely overrated. Watch Oladipo if you want to see real defense.

Absolutely 100% agree. Craft plays defense with his hands, not his feet and legs. He's not a good shooter either. I still can't believe he drilled that shot.

He's aggravating to watch your team play against. But got to give him credit for knocking that down after the way he was struggling the last 4 minutes.

I thought tOSU played poorly and without luck on a couple of layups when they got the 13 point lead with about 5 minutes to go.

ISU's defense didnt cause the comeback but rather some lazy osu play and not being aggressive enuf.

But ISU certainly did take advantage of those lapses

Absolutely 100% agree. Craft plays defense with his hands, not his feet and legs. He's not a good shooter either. I still can't believe he drilled that shot.

Pure luck. Had a hand in his face, been missing free throws, throwing ball away in second half, etc. You could tell he was trying too hard in second half. I'll enjoy watching them get beat by Arizona.

Shot was luck. Craft couldn't toss a marble in a urinal normally.
That said, it went in, and the bozos move on.

Latest posts