Grant Gibbs leaving Gonzaga?

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Someone just emailed me and said he had been granted a release from his ride at Gonzaga. I don't know if it's accurate, but interesting if true...

Someone just emailed me and said he had been granted a release from his ride at Gonzaga. I don't know if it's accurate, but interesting if true...

This is a interesting tweet

fellow GU students, use all your flex no matter what. Don't let this school steal anymore money from you than they already do. that is all

But nothing about leaving on his twitter account, some interesting quotes though.

Grant Gibbs (DoubleGfor3) on Twitter

He was a big Gonzaga fan growing up. I have a close relative that married into the family tree and he said that Grant used to show up to all of the family functions, decked out in Gonzaga gear when he was younger. Don't know what the fascination was, though.

Any reason he went out there in the first place?

He was a big Gonzaga fan growing up. I have a close relative that married into the family tree and he said that Grant used to show up to all of the family functions, decked out in Gonzaga gear when he was younger. Don't know what the fascination was, though.

Dan Dickau

Wondering if IOWA or the clowns are in his future. Don't know a lot about him but could be a good get?

He red-shirted and then got little playing time. I think he has been recruited over as well. I think he would have to years to play after sitting out another year.

I saw him get some decent minutes in the game in which the Zags had their very long unbeaten string in conference games broken. It was a multiple-OT affair and one of the bext college hoops games I saw all season.

Gibbs is only a soph and has struggled with injuries, but I didn't see anything in that game (in which he appeared to be fully healthy) that would make him particularly exciting to me as a possible transfer. He played hard but not exceptionally well.

I saw him get some decent minutes in the game in which the Zags had their very long unbeaten string in conference games broken. It was a multiple-OT affair and one of the bext college hoops games I saw all season.

Gibbs is only a soph and has struggled with injuries, but I didn't see anything in that game (in which he appeared to be fully healthy) that would make him particularly exciting to me as a possible transfer. He played hard but not exceptionally well.
What is his play style like? I thought at Linn-Mar he was a 3pt shooter or shooter more so than athletic drive to the basket? Can anyone fill me in on his style of play?

Worth looking into,no doubt. If we have an open scholly next year as expected, it would be good chance to have a transfer sitting out,without impacting the team.
Of course, then he would be taking a scholly the next two years,so that impacts Frans ability to change over this roster to his vision. Worth looking into,and if Grant is a fit for Frans style,could work out fine.

Grant and Gatens were considered the 2 best players in Iowa the year they graduated, at least that is my recollection. Many thought he was better than Matt and considered it a big loss that Lick could not land him. He had a 3 star ranking on Scout.

Latest posts