Grad transfer impacts

Who will have a greater impact for their team?

• Isaiah Moss at Kansas

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Bakari Evelyn at Iowa

Votes: 21 80.8%

• Total voters

TheIowaHawkGuy

Interested in who will have a bigger impact next season. Although from sounds of it from Hawk Central, HN, and others Evelyn may just be a backup at this point.

I dont know who Kansas has at guard, but if Moss plays more than spot minutes, Self must have had serious recruiting issues. I'm predicting Bakari, but it's so hard to say because so much depends on how good CJ is and whoever Kansas has.

I dont know who Kansas has at guard, but if Moss plays more than spot minutes, Self must have had serious recruiting issues. I'm predicting Bakari, but it's so hard to say because so much depends on how good CJ is and whoever Kansas has.
Kansas is bringing him in as an outside shooting threat. As an outside shooter he is very good.

I guess I would just say not every team in the nation has the same makeup as Iowa in terms of skills. You mention about his crappy ball handling which I don’t totally disagree with, but if he plays on a team with ball handlers and guys who can create their own off the bounce, the lack of those abilities will be less noticeable than they were on Iowa.

He has the size to play both the two and the three. If he is asked to spot up and shoot threes and play in transition I think he can be solid. He can be a good defender when he commits to it.

Moss might get lost in the shuffle a bit at Kansas. As with PCHawk, I'm not sure of the situation. Moss at times can have consistency issues which will see how that wears on Self.

With Evelyn, we know the deficiencies at that position at Iowa, not just depth but also certain skillset such as penetrating to shoot or pass. Also, we are not sure of Jo Bo's health status for next year. I voted for Evelyn.

Evelyn will have more opportunity than Moss. Every player on Kansas was a more highly rated recruit than Moss. He'll provide 12 to 15 minutes off the bench and occasionally provide some scoring. Evelyn will easily see 20+ minutes per game and his sophomore stat line of 13-3-3 doesn't seem too far fetched.

Kansas is bringing him in as an outside shooting threat. As an outside shooter he is very good.

I guess I would just say not every team in the nation has the same makeup as Iowa in terms of skills. You mention about his crappy ball handling which I don’t totally disagree with, but if he plays on a team with ball handlers and guys who can create their own off the bounce, the lack of those abilities will be less noticeable than they were on Iowa.

He has the size to play both the two and the three. If he is asked to spot up and shoot threes and play in transition I think he can be solid. He can be a good defender when he commits to it.

I agree that he would be better off in that role. He just won't be anywhere near "the man" on the team. He is moving on to try to be Kline from Purdue, at best. Nothing wrong with that at all. I just don't know if he knows that's what he's doing.

Good fits for both teams. One doesnt have to deal with the coach s son.

One wanted to create his own shot. The other does. That will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Self never has liked just shooters.

Good fits for both teams. One doesnt have to deal with the coach s son.

One wanted to create his own shot. The other does. That will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Self never has liked just shooters.

Agree. I think it benefits both teams. One doesn't have to deal with the coache's sons, but the other does now.

Funny as Fran really seeks out shooters. Different philosophies I guess.

IMO Moss is going to start and play ~25 MPG on a top 10 team next year that's probably going to win the Big 12 by 3+ games.

LOL...no he's not. He's not a good defender and can't create his own shot. If he's playing 25 MPG Kansas sure as heck isn't a top 10 team.

They aren't going to ask him to be a great defender or to get his own shot. What is your minute breakdown for KU next year?

They won’t ask him to play defense or create his own shot? Why’d they sign him then? Your post doesn’t really make sense.

Again, who on KU is playing all of these minutes over Moss?

If they don't have enough 2s and 3s to keep Moss from getting 25 minutes, who the heck do they have at the 1, 4, and 5? Lottery picks? They must if they are that weak at two positions and still gunna be top 10.

Moss has a dream of being an NBA player. He didn't think, perhaps rightly so, another year at Iowa would offer that. He thinks Kansas will provide an arena to showcase his NBA talents. Perhaps it will happen, perhaps it will not.

Bottom line, follow your dream, it is your life. Another bottom line, bouncing around most often doesn't have a happy ending.

I hope he has a realistic and successful plan B in place for his life.

If he becomes a shooting star at Kansas, I will certainly cheer for him.

I also don't like Iowa to have unhappy and unfulfilled players on the roster. I am glad he is gone, as well.

I wish the best for Moss, but I don't think he is anything other than a roll player for Kansas, and less of a roll player than he was for Iowa. I don't think Bakari will have a huge impact on Iowa either. Iowa would have been much better off if they could have kept Moss I think.

I wish the best for Moss, but I don't think he is anything other than a roll player for Kansas, and less of a roll player than he was for Iowa. I don't think Bakari will have a huge impact on Iowa either. Iowa would have been much better off if they could have kept Moss I think.
I anticipate Bakari being an upgrade on defense. I think he could very well match Moss in PPG. But he will likely come by his points differently.

Latest posts