Gopher the Jugular Game Thread

NBA, NBA
Learn to pass, you're not a damn guard. Any offensive benefits negated with turnovers, poor defense, poor rebounding, and missing free throws

Damnit.

The leaving early talk - let alone, the NBA talk - just boggles my mind. He’s athletic, good size / build, and is decent around the rim. He has no handles, poor hands, no jump shot, low team ball IQ and is really bad on D.

He’s too small to play on the blocks, where he has some skill, and he has no skill to play the 3 or 4, where his size puts him. The blessing / curse of athletic height.

NBA, NBA

The leaving early talk - let alone, the NBA talk - just boggles my mind. He’s athletic, good size / build, and is decent around the rim. He has no handles, poor hands, no jump shot, low team ball IQ and is really bad on D.

He’s too small to play on the blocks, where he has some skill, and he has no skill to play the 3 or 4, where his size puts him. The blessing / curse of athletic height.

Yeah, but at least he confirmed he ain't a PG...

Agree, and I'm just currently pissed, but he has to know his roll and play big and aggressive more than just when hes on offense.

There was no reason to force the issue there

He certainly had an off game today

We came close against all odds today

This was going to be a tough stretch for us

Williams is a tough place for the Hawks to play

Not certain how much more comfortable Carver will be against the Wolverines

Last edited:
Cook needs a new nickname because you can count on him to commit 5 turnovers every game some names for consideration:

A fistful of bad
5 Golden TO's 4 defensive lapses, 3 jump shot attempts, 2 wasted possessions and a FRAN in a terrible mood!
Phantom 5

You know have some fun with it....watching him commit unspeakable bad basketball blunders with the game in question is too much to watch. He thinks he's NBA.

That's an understatement. Giving up 55 to Minnesota, IN ONE HALF. Are you kidding me? Think and more hope the second half will be the complete opposite effort of the first half.
And we almost gave up another 50 in the 2nd half!!!

Stop blaming the refs. That’s the Cyclone excuse for any game they ever lost. They have never lost a game outright. Nope, it’s the refs.

It was once again, poor defense and lack of adjustments by the head coach and idiotic coaching decisions that largely contributed to this loss. Rinse. Repeat. Nine years and still doing it.

Stop blaming the refs. That’s the Cyclone excuse for any game they ever lost. They have never lost a game outright. Nope, it’s the refs.

It was once again, poor defense and lack of adjustments by the head coach and idiotic coaching decisions that largely contributed to this loss. Rinse. Repeat. Nine years and still doing it.

Who is blaming the refs? Like always B1G officiating was garbage, doesn't mean we lost because of it. Per usual in the B1G the home team/MSU gets every call. The only call I had a REAL problem with was the intentional foul bullshit call. Should have T'd up Pitino, and instead they get 2 Ft and the ball, it was fucking bullshit.

Top level?? That's a stretch Rev, just sayin.....
I meant a player at a top level BB program, as opposed to mid-level.

Get the ball to a ball handler, gosh, it isn't that complicated. Bumble and fumble away trying for an NBA highlight dunk. Just stop it.

THINGS WE LEARNED FROM THIS GAME----1-TC is not a point guard. 2-Defense has not been fixed. 3-TC needs to declare for the NBA draft.

NBA, NBA

Turkey-Syria-Romania-Uzbekistan

Who is blaming the refs? Like always B1G officiating was garbage, doesn't mean we lost because of it. Per usual in the B1G the home team/MSU gets every call. The only call I had a REAL problem with was the intentional foul bullshit call. Should have T'd up Pitino, and instead they get 2 Ft and the ball, it was fucking bullshit.

That call was horeshit. That’s literally every end of game foul. I will agree there.

THINGS WE LEARNED FROM THIS GAME----1-TC is not a point guard. 2-Defense has not been fixed. 3-TC needs to declare for the NBA draft.
When JBO can't get his shot off, he needs to not be on the court.

Luka Garza has a lot of heart.

Moss can get hot.

Fran is excitable.

Comebacks don't mean much if you don't win.

Pitino is a little punk.

Iowa needs to find a functioning PG.

Most teams Iowa plays look much more athletic.

Minnesota has an ugly BB court.

Latest posts