Gopher game predictions

Score in regulation

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There's going to be a game this year where Iowa plays well and we(fans) are going to say: "Where in the **** has that been all year?" I just can't figure out what game that will be. And no it is not Purdue. It will be against a team that actually has a pulse.

By my count (including the "Gohpers x 2" thread) I've got 15 of 23 - nearly 2:1 - predicting a loss.
Average score prediction = Minny 26 - Iowuh 18.5.:(

I think that's what makes this one so hard to predict. My brain is saying it could go either way and should be a close game, but based on the unpredictability of this team and the way we've been playing I could see us getting curb stomped or I could see a game similar to ISU with us coming out on top in a lopsided win. I've learned to avoid trying to predict this team, because frankly I have a better idea week to week predicting what our opponents as opposed to what we are going to do.

There's going to be a game this year where Iowa plays well and we(fans) are going to say: "Where in the **** has that been all year?" I just can't figure out what game that will be. And no it is not Purdue. It will be against a team that actually has a pulse.

At this point I would welcome that "where the helll has this been" feeling. It would be great if it was this Saturday.

At this point I would welcome that "where the helll has this been" feeling. It would be great if it was this Saturday.

If this is going to be a 7-5/6-6 Texas bowl year, I rather they just "blow their load" on a big boy. Nebraska, Michigan, or Wisconsin one of those three.

If this is going to be a 7-5/6-6 Texas bowl year, I rather they just "blow their load" on a big boy. Nebraska, Michigan, or Wisconsin one of those three.

Fair. But if we don't win Saturday, we ain't getting to 6/6. On the other hand, with a solid win and a good performance...who knows. We have a chip and a chair at least.

Fair. But if we don't win Saturday, we ain't getting to 6/6. On the other hand, with a solid win and a good performance...who knows. We have a chip and a chair at least.

I just can't get a feeling on this game at all. I could see Iowa winning by 14, I could see Iowa losing by 14. I am with you and a lot of other people this is a crossroad game. Come 3:00 Saturday we are going to have a pretty good idea where this team is heading.

I thought it was going to be last week, spring boarding Hawks back on track to 9-3. Instead it was more self-destruction, lack of urgency, ineptitude, impotence and submission.

It MIGHT still happen but no way without a win this Saturday. At best, we might see a moral victory -- which would be they scrape by Purdue and cover against Wiscy, Blue or Shuckers.

I'll put it another way. If we lose Saturday, I'll still watch every game, but the only game I'll have any emotional investment is will be nebby, cause I live in Neb, and a win there might play spoiler for tem, giving me pleasure. The reason I say this is, if we lose to minny, we will have a shot at only 2 more wins, realistically, with nothing to play for. The players won't admit it, but theyll likely be thinking it...and it will show.

I hate feeling this way, last week was brutally demoralizing for me.

Soooo...freaking Win Hawks.

We lose 29 to 17 .... And we make yet another half azz QB look like Joe Montana!

We did that last year.....

To me, losing to MN is a real indicator of where you are at as a program. A solid program just does not lose to the Goofers. Look at WI, hasn't lost to them in years. MN has not been good for the better part of 30+ years. And they aren't good this season either.

Their QB has played lights out against us for two years. I think it was last year's game where MN found a gameplan to really attack the Hawks defense.

The game was exciting to watch, which is rare in the KF era. Back and forth scoring, big plays, etc. Unfortunately MN just gashed us up the middle and their QB (sorry can't think of his name right at the moment) seemed to make every throw.

I think we get pounded much like we did two years ago. Our offense looks so bad right now I don't know how you change that. I would love to see more rollouts, but CJ doesn't seem to be moving as well as last year (even when he was hurt). We have a open door at LT, and I'd be shocked if we give him help.

This game is also at their place, and we have not played well at all up there.

We lose this game, and the bottom officially drops out for this team and season

35-14 MN

I just can't get a feeling on this game at all. I could see Iowa winning by 14, I could see Iowa losing by 14. I am with you and a lot of other people this is a crossroad game. Come 3:00 Saturday we are going to have a pretty good idea where this team is heading.

I don't need any more data points. I think it is more likely than not, that we see more of the same.

34-23 Iowa...King returns punt or kickoff for TD...gets 1st pick of year. Jerminic Smith has breakout game. The Nelson's get 3 sacks and Iowa holds Minnesota under 140 on the ground and shows improvement stopping the inside running. Minnesota will get their yards through air but when field shrinks in red zone...they settle for FGs.

Usually, I am an absolute homer, but I don't have a good feeling about this game. I think Minnesota's D will overwhelm our below average O and keep us from developing any rhythm. I think our D will find a way to scheme against their strengths on office, but in the end we lose 16-13.

Unfortunatley I haven't seen anything to make me believe that this team will win sat. Hope I'm wrong. Minn.35-21

Latest posts