Goodbye Holiday Bowl and hello Belk Bowl

With plenty of relatives and friends on the West Coast, this kind of sucks. San Diego in late December is tough to beat.

Losing San Diego sucks, but an annual game in Nashville and Las Vegas every other year is awesome. That Las Vegas game will love getting BIG fanbases to travel out there instead of the current Mountain West teams.

Vegas, Fine. Belk, sucks. Loss of Holiday, meh. When we lost the Alamo, we really screwed the pooch. Nashville is at least close, but not a warm weather destination by any stretch. We need to go to Texas, to California, to Florida, and Georgia. Recruits, man, recruits.

Vegas, Fine. Belk, sucks. Loss of Holiday, meh. When we lost the Alamo, we really screwed the pooch. Nashville is at least close, but not a warm weather destination by any stretch. We need to go to Texas, to California, to Florida, and Georgia. Recruits, man, recruits.

Agree. Need to Alamo back. I'm OK with Vegas, though. That will be in the new NFL stadium against the PAC-12.

I’m actually happy for the change. The Vegas Bowl in that new stadium the Raiders are getting will make for an awesome venue and a very easy trip. I wish we became a permanent partner for the Vegas Bowl instead of a half time partner. Maybe that’s something that can evolve over time.

Don't know what the bowl in Charlotte, NC will be called but it won't be BELK BOWL. Belk is pulling out. By the way, today it was almost 70 F. Charlotte is a nice town to live in, but not much there for the tourist. Unless you like nascar or golf. An hour or so from the Smokey Mountains and a couple hours from the beach. Oh and 90 miles from Greensboro in case you want to come and see me.

https://nsjonline.com/article/2019/12/one-final-belk-bowl-before-new-sponsor-steps-in/

Rose
Citrus
Alamo
Holiday
Vegas
Music City
Liberty
New Mexico
Birmingham

This should be the conference lineup. Of course you can get the CFP and other NY6 invite.

Don't know what the bowl in Charlotte, NC will be called but it won't be BELK BOWL. Belk is pulling out. By the way, today it was almost 70 F. Charlotte is a nice town to live in, but not much there for the tourist. Unless you like nascar or golf. An hour or so from the Smokey Mountains and a couple hours from the beach. Oh and 90 miles from Greensboro in case you want to come and see me.

https://nsjonline.com/article/2019/12/one-final-belk-bowl-before-new-sponsor-steps-in/

I am in Hickory, and while I love the Hawks and it would be close, I hope we dont have to see them in the old new Belk Bowl!

Rose
Citrus
Alamo
Holiday
Vegas
Music City
Liberty
New Mexico
Birmingham

This should be the conference lineup. Of course you can get the CFP and other NY6 invite.

I am trying to understand the appeal of Liberty, New Mexico, and Birmingham in this lineup. I guess they are shorter drives if you are driving from Iowa. Do you usually drive to the bowl games?

With plenty of relatives and friends on the West Coast, this kind of sucks. San Diego in late December is tough to beat.
For any of you who may have been at the Holiday Bowl, how was the Hawkeye fan turn-out? Comparable to USC?
Thanks

Latest posts