Goodbye Fox, and don't come back

StickUP

It's not terrible, but I would let Pam Ward run the show before Fox gets another chance.

Last edited:
It's now terrible, but I would let Pam Ward run the show before Fox gets another chance.

Tonight wasn't near as horrid as last night. Probably because Dick Stockton was there. He gave it an NFL feel. The postgame/pregame crew is the suck though.

That's what happens when you have guys who research and watch pro games all year and then randomly tell them to do the college game.

Awful Awful Awful.

Dick Stockton calling #86 Terry Stross.
Announcers calling KF - Kirk FER-entz.
AJ Eds

I mean, I realize you only had 5 weeks to prepare and all...

DIck did ok but the other guy was clueless. They seemed to not get the down and distance up soon enough and I never knew how many timeouts either team had. Happy to see FOX out of the BCS broadcast.

Horrendous. Inexcusable to be that poorly prepared for a national BCS game. Staff and player pronunciations are basic stuff -- you review them in pre-telecast meetings and have pronunciation cards sitting in front of you.

You get the name of the coach wrong or mispronounce a key player's name hurts your credibility immediately. It goes down hill from there.

I agree ... good-bye and good riddance, Fox Sports. Stick to soccer.

I know. But he's way better than those clowns last night.

Their lack of rudimentary preparation is despicable though. You're all right about that.

Not really. Stockton had just as many mis-steps and mispronunciations tonight as Rosen did Monday night.

You get the name of the coach wrong or mispronounce a key player's name hurts your credibility immediately.

Dude, it's Dick Stockton (and Sam Rosen last night). They're OLD, and it just comes with the territory with them now.

I don't think either of them care about their credibility at this point.

I never would have thought anyone would make Griese look like he does a good job in the booth.....but these guys have all tried extremely hard to do just that

not only is the channel itself terrible, but I could not see the HD version of fox all night the signal completely cut out right before the game, what a bunch of carp

That's what happens when you have guys who research and watch pro games all year and then randomly tell them to do the college game.
Exactly.

It was horrible! The announcers were average. The only redeeming value of the broadcast was at least Eddie George played Big10 homer. Jimmy Johnson had no clue. The post-game breakdown and replays were nothing but crap!

FOX does well with the NFL but looked like they wouldn't be on anyone's two-deep tonight.

I will not get mad at the announcers because it really isn't their job. Stockton and Davis had a NFL game to broadcast on Sunday, then the Orange Bowl, and then they probably have another NFL game this weekend. They are being asked to do something that isn't their normal job, so it is kind of unfair to crack on them too hard. Just like I would show leniency towards the average HN poster if they did a bad job collecting carts because I know their job is to bag groceries.

Who I can't excuse is the technical crew, particularly the director, who I beleive could be a monkey on a crack bender. Talk about a ton of random shots. FOX does an amazing job covering the NFL (except for the guitar playing robot), so it is just messed up they don't have the people to show us the game appropriately.

I dont have a problem with the way the game was called, I have a problem with how they talked about the teams like they had been watching them all year.

I may have been a little boozed up and I haven't went back and watched the game again, but I swear I heard someone compare Wegher to Sam Brownlee.

And why was Jimmy Johnson doing the pre-game?

Latest posts