Golf courses in decent shape in Des Moines

Played TCI yesterday and course looked great. Appeared they may have worked on greens the last week or two but they rolled just fine.

Otter Creek in Ankeny is in great shape. Play league there every Thursday. Its more of a links style, and is definitely challenging. Check the weather before you go and then add 10-15 mph on the wind.

Played Toad Valley for first time tonight.. Course is in roooughh shape to put it lightly.

Did you pet the Toad on hole 1 for luck. I have to play that dog track in a month. What a sh!t hole. The only time the course was even tolerable was when they didn't sell beer and you were allowed to bring your own.

If you have time, play TCI or Harvester. Well worth the money and the time it takes to get to each course.

Harvester might be the best course in Iowa unless you play it the week of the US Open. They grow the rough to match the Open and shave the greens down to lightning fast. It was almost unfair for a hack like me. Usually it is fair but challenging.

I don't know how the Harvester can keep charging the rates they are charging. Great course but I think the owner is a A$$ so I don't play it unless it's free.

Careful, Duff. AHawk1 is setting you up. He WILL take your money on teh golf course.

When's the last time you walked 18?

what does that have to do with anything?!?
jfc e11en
I play first class clubs only, where they put ice in the cart cooler for you and clean your clubs afterward, not some pull-cart municipal course built on a radioactive landfill like you do
prole

I heard Wakonda was just awarded the PCC so I'm guessing it's in great shape. Just hop the fence.

what does that have to do with anything?!?
jfc e11en
I play first class clubs only, where they put ice in the cart cooler for you and clean your clubs afterward, not some pull-cart municipal course built on a radioactive landfill like you do
prole

That was exactly my point, bub. I knew you were a high roller and walking just ain't your bag, baby.

Relax or you'll have a hearty. Don't need that happening, now do we?

Latest posts