Gold Jerseys

So my suggestion to honor Chris Street by wearing jerseys with the name Street on the back evidently wasn't such a bad idea.. ehh basketball man and Mr Twill?

It's the little known "lie" about Iowa's "colors". Forever Iowa was about Black and Old Gold.

When Hayden Fry came aboard he changed the the culture, the mindset, the logo (TigerHawk) and the colors of uniforms. He made Iowa a winner and changed almost everything for the good. He did however, tweak that Old Gold into "yellow" to better match the Pittsburgh Steelers unis.

If only someone can come up with some new color that captures the Old Gold and the yellow (or a new name) so everything is covered, it's all about the Truth, and everyone can be in a happy place.

btw wasn't it a great idea to have all the player's jerseys have STREET on the back the other day.

Damn NCAA. never ask for permission before begging for forgiveness.

Now that I've thought about it, had time to reflect... anyone?

Maybe if Iowa would tweak the "yellow" down just a hue or 2... (or is it a shade or 2) and bring it into the SHINY/Blinding GOLD range on the "official" color spectrum....

BOOM!! No disputes about Old Gold, Blinding Gold, Yellow and U of Iowa and fans everywhere, including Hawkeye Nation... an extra official color or 2 and we all just get along.

Now that I've thought about it, had time to reflect... anyone?

Maybe if Iowa would tweak the "yellow" down just a hue or 2... (or is it a shade or 2) and bring it into the SHINY/Blinding GOLD range on the "official" color spectrum....

BOOM!! No disputes about Old Gold, Blinding Gold, Yellow and U of Iowa and fans everywhere, including Hawkeye Nation... an extra official color or 2 and we all just get along.

No...

Latest posts