Going to see Wadley this week?

What happens when Wadley gets 5 carries and generates 8ypc running between the tackles? Do GD and KF get a pat on the back or does everyone go ballistic for not seeing him earlier?

I agree. Seems like there are seams in the line for the rbs to hit, but they are not in there quick enough....nothing against Weisman, but having him as a primary back, then a quicker guy slotting in like Canzeri....wonder if the difference in quickness messes with the rythmn of the line/rbs....

If you watched Louisville v. FSU last night then you saw Michael Dyer gash FSU on cutbacks on the outside zone. Louisville didn't cleanly block the runs, FSU crashed hard play side, often got penetration play side, and then Dyer would just put his foot in the ground and cut backside away from the crashing defenders and be off. Now Dyer was a top running back recruit for a reason, but it shows how zone blocking can work with talented runners.

If you watched Louisville v. FSU last night then you saw Michael Dyer gash FSU on cutbacks on the outside zone. Louisville didn't cleanly block the runs, FSU crashed hard play side, often got penetration play side, and then Dyer would just put his foot in the ground and cut backside away from the crashing defenders and be off. Now Dyer was a top running back recruit for a reason, but it shows how zone blocking can work with talented runners.

Iowa used to run a lot of counter plays with a lot of success. Not so much lately.

Iowa used to run a lot of counter plays with a lot of success. Not so much lately.

Dyer wasn't even running counters last night. He was just cutting back the outside zone when FSU aggressively crashed play side. Our RBs just run into the penetration.

If he does play (and I hope he gets a chance), I hope to heck he doesn't fumble, or that will be the last we see of him this season.

Great to watch this video of what good football used to look like.

Obviously Shonn Greene was a stud but notice the line surge and physicality by the o-line at the point of attack. They are easily into the second level on many plays. You do not see much of that anymore from us outside of Schreff these days. It is no wonder we cannot run the ball when you watch this video.

Also I really miss the natural grass field. I know that we had drainage problems and do not now but I would like to see us scrap the turf. We have not been worth a darn since we put it in.

After watching that Green highlightfest against Wiscy. I look like that old Indian guy with the tears running down his face as watches what once was.

From the spring/fall practices, I actually was always more impressed with Wadley than I was Parker. I figured he would be in the mix for touches before Parker. From what I remember he looked faster than Parker and didn't seem to waste time picking the hole to hit and usually hit it hard. He was one that really stood out to me.

I too was impressed with Wadley. Both he and Parker got a lot touches because Weismann, Canzeri and I believe Bullock as well, were held out of the live scrimmage.

But it is unfortunate because if it wasn't for injuries he quite possibly would have spent his entire RS freshman season with zero carries.

Athletes really have to be patient at times and never stop believing in themselves. Not easy to keep the self-doubt from creeping in.

As poor as our running game has been maybe everyone should be getting a chance to spark the team.

Good luck to Akrum. Run like the wind.

Great to watch this video of what good football used to look like.

Obviously Shonn Greene was a stud but notice the line surge and physicality by the o-line at the point of attack. They are easily into the second level on many plays. You do not see much of that anymore from us outside of Schreff these days. It is no wonder we cannot run the ball when you watch this video.

Also I really miss the natural grass field. I know that we had drainage problems and do not now but I would like to see us scrap the turf. We have not been worth a darn since we put it in.

I believe the first game on it was UNI 09. That was pretty ugly.

I think Dyer was one of the top rated running backs in the nation coming out of high school (as you stated). We don't have anyone close to him. I guess that's the biggest problem.

Sounds like Canzeri, Bullock and Daniels are all out. I expect we'll see a lot of Weisman, a few carries for Parker and 3-5 carries for Wadley. Best wishes to Wadley for his first game. Maybe we'll see our rushing game and sprinkle in a few deep throws and get what we wanton offense.

What happens when Wadley gets 5 carries and generates 8ypc running between the tackles? Do GD and KF get a pat on the back or does everyone go ballistic for not seeing him earlier?

Kirk said on his call in show that he had some academic issue earlier in the year but is back on track in the classroom now. Good timing too, after losing Daniels for year and Canzeri having a nagging foot injury.

Sounds like Canzeri, Bullock and Daniels are all out. I expect we'll see a lot of Weisman, a few carries for Parker and 3-5 carries for Wadley. Best wishes to Wadley for his first game. Maybe we'll see our rushing game and sprinkle in a few deep throws and get what we wanton offense.

Or GD will just dial up 68 passes from JR. 60 of which will be targets within 3 yds of the LOS.

Is Iowa about the only team around that gets way more injured during the bye week?

Pretty amazing that we once again have gone from like ten deep at rb in the spring to now...3 deep, with two frosh and a fullback as our guys.....wow. Just bad luck....but maybe Wadley and Parker will pop some big runs and help out Mark.

Latest posts