Going to see Wadley this week?

Hell ya, throw him in there and see what he does.....Can't hurt right (Only if he explodes and leads Iowa to a huge win, then he will be sitting the next week, or something stupid like that)....;)

Chris White seemed to indicate it and that Canzeri is banged up.

"Jonathan Parker has created a spark for us and we're going to try to get him more touches," White said. "We're going to see what the young Akrum Wadley can do this week, too. Akrum has done a lot of work, he's a very exciting player, and I think you're going to like what you see."

http://www.hawkeyesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/103014aad.html

I am excited to see Wadley. The coaches were high on him last year as a redshirt freshman. I think I heard somewhere the had some grade issues that kind of held him back in the spring and then some injury issues.

I hope so. Not because I believe he will be the savior, but when things are stale, try to mix it up a little, give some guys with ability a shot to do something.

So what's the scoop on Wadley? I missed the spring practice. What's his running style or who does he compare to? Hope he plays tomorrow.

So what's the scoop on Wadley? I missed the spring practice. What's his running style or who does he compare to? Hope he plays tomorrow.

He is almost a clone of Parker, which is a good thing. Small, but very quick and fast. Little stronger than Parker...maybe.

I like the notion of getting Parker and Wadley to the edge vs NW...they never expect Iowa to be able to match their speed and we might surprise them.

If you watch his film he looks to be a very good athlete and is quick and has good change of direction. Also has good hands.
He is listed as 5'11 190.

He is almost a clone of Parker, which is a good thing. Small, but very quick and fast. Little stronger than Parker...maybe.

I like the notion of getting Parker and Wadley to the edge vs NW...they never expect Iowa to be able to match their speed and we might surprise them.

I think he is more of a true running back that Parker. Parker is more of a specialty, space player at this point (screens, kickoffs, jet sweeps) than a true every down running back. I think Wadley is a little thicker and perhaps not quite as fast, but more prepared to run out of our base sets.

Ihope he gets some snaps. Sometimes a handful of plays can spark a team and this team could use some spark right about now. When the season started I wondered how will the running backs get enough touches if we're playing 4 guys. Never expected to see Wadley anywhere but special teams. I wish the best for him and the Hawkeyes. As always praying for no injuries to both teams, coaches and fans.

I think he is more of a true running back that Parker. Parker is more of a specialty, space player at this point (screens, kickoffs, jet sweeps) than a true every down running back. I think Wadley is a little thicker and perhaps not quite as fast, but more prepared to run out of our base sets.
JP is definitely bigger than AK... AK is a more natural RB than JP but just needs to get bigger. AK actually has the moves to make people miss in space.

I've never seen a more ripped person. AK has muscles on muscles that have muscles within the muscles.

had a class w him. Also, a non-stereotypical "jock". Good kid, excited to see him play.

? Freddie Russell. The D sometimes has a hard time picking up & identifying those small RB's. By the time they do, they're thru the hole for a nice gainer. That's what Fred Russell did.

? Freddie Russell. The D sometimes has a hard time picking up & identifying those small RB's. By the time they do, they're thru the hole for a nice gainer. That's what Fred Russell did.

From your keyboard to Gods lips....please let him be like Freddie!

From your keyboard to Gods lips....please let him be like Freddie!

He was fun to watch, wasn't he? He'd start something like 9 yrds back it seemed. By the time he got the ball, the line with it's zone blocking scheme would have a gaping hole for Freddie to run through.

The lines of years past and this year have seemed to have a little timing issue of opening holes just as the RB was there to go thru. I think the RB is hitting the hole too quick & not letting the lanes develop.

He was fun to watch, wasn't he? He'd start something like 9 yrds back it seemed. By the time he got the ball, the line with it's zone blocking scheme would have a gaping hole for Freddie to run through.

The lines of years past and this year have seemed to have a little timing issue of opening holes just as the RB was there to go thru. I think the RB is hitting the hole too quick & not letting the lanes develop.

I agree. Seems like there are seams in the line for the rbs to hit, but they are not in there quick enough....nothing against Weisman, but having him as a primary back, then a quicker guy slotting in like Canzeri....wonder if the difference in quickness messes with the rythmn of the line/rbs....

From the spring/fall practices, I actually was always more impressed with Wadley than I was Parker. I figured he would be in the mix for touches before Parker. From what I remember he looked faster than Parker and didn't seem to waste time picking the hole to hit and usually hit it hard. He was one that really stood out to me.

I hope he plays. I don't get too excited about coaches saying anyone new will get in a game until I actually see it.

I remember fans complaining on message boards "back then" that our RB's lined up too far back.

I remember fans complaining on message boards "back then" that our RB's lined up too far back.

No crap? They complained. I think it benefited for that scheme & the RB's running style. It worked as he had a head of steam & hit the whole hard.

Latest posts