Give me the scoop in Gregory

"On May 6, 2009, because of his success, and what is expected in the future, the University extended Gregory's contract to run through the 2017-18 season. In making the announcement, UD Vice President and Director of Athletics Tim Wabler it was a decision involving the past, present and future of Dayton basketball."

New contract does this come into play in his decision? Not according to the article linked below...all very interesting.

Another interesting article...

DaytonDailyNews: Dayton, Ohio, news and information

Comments are pretty interesting below that Dayton blog. The good? Players play hard for him; his record may look underwhelming but it is far and away Dayton's best historically; fast tempo offense; coaches tough D; his players graduate; highly regarded in coaching community. And remember, you pretty much need to win your conference to make the NCAA at this level.

The bad? Lots of comments about undisciplined play, lack of player development, poor decision-making at end of games. And this post:

"BG in Iowa? Rest easy Flyer fans. Iowa won’t want BG. Last I checked, Dayton finished 8-8 in their conference and failed to make the NCAA tourney. Xavier’s ship sailed last night so there aren’t any A10 teams left in the NCAA. There are two in the NIT for whatever that means. Finally got a chance to see the Flyers play on ESPN and they look to be one of America’s premier 38 minute teams. They shoot freethrows like they are wearing boxing gloves and play the last two minutes with the inteligence of “Men Who Stare at Goats”. Iowa’s last hire was the “Coach of the Year” and led his team to the NCAA sweet 16 two years in a row. Things may be touch at Iowa but I don’t think they’ve slipped enough to consider hiring BG. "

I'm not sure what to think. At worst though, a guy worth considering seriously and looking into more closely.

Latest posts