Give me 8/9, then Kentucky

I actually would like a shot at KY. Nothing to lose and only the Hawkeye faithful would have any hope, and probably not even most of us would realistically be very optimistic.

Win one...then Shock The World. :cool:

I don't think we'll draw Kentucky's bracket. They will be in Louisville 100 percent and checking a lot of the other projected 8 or 9 seeds are a lot closer to Louisville then us(Cincinnati, Dayton, Xavier, Ohio St, VCU, NCstate). So I think we'll avoid Kentucky

Although it would be EPIC to beat them, I want to avoid them

Yeah, if you like trips to the electric chair..

That's what today's game was like...

But, I'd like to see if Iowa's starters can compete with their 2nd and 3rd teamers. Also, mainly for the schadenfreude of being so ****** at today's game, a part of me would like to see them get run

Last edited:
Pi$$ on that. I don't think us vs. Kentucky would be very "fun". I want whatever gives us the best chance of going deep in the tournament.. Unfortunately, the team did itself no favors in that department today. I expect an 8/9 seed, just not sure who's bracket.

Pi$$ on that. I don't think us vs. Kentucky would be very "fun". I want whatever gives us the best chance of going deep in the tournament.. Unfortunately, the team did itself no favors in that department today. I expect an 8/9 seed, just not sure who's bracket.

Iowa was never going to make a deep run. You actually need good guards for that to happen.

Penn State in BTT was supposed to be a fun game.

There is a thread title created 3-4 days before predicting a fun blowout game .

Recent reports and tweets would indicate White isn't using his bottle anymore. Pack it in the bag.

If Iowa played Kentucky their mentality would probably be that they don't want to get blown out by 20 instead of 'let's win this thing.'

Which means they'd get blown out by 30.

Iowa would lose to Kentucky by more than 40, and UK would break the NCAA record for dunks in a game. Woody would have to redshirt next year because we wouldn't be able to get him out of the fetal position.

I actually would like a shot at KY. Nothing to lose and only the Hawkeye faithful would have any hope, and probably not even most of us would realistically be very optimistic.

Agree, that is if they can get by the #9 seed - It will sting if they bow out in the first game again. IA / UK would be great - country will be rooting for the team that plays UK and a chance to shock would be awesome.

"Win one" -- the operative words

If Iowa gets an 8 or 9 seed, their first game will be a very big challenge.

Especially on a neutral court.

Latest posts