Give me 8/9, then Kentucky

I can see it now, Iowa builds epic first half lead, kentucky uses incredible 2nd half surge to pull to within one point... tyler ulis goes baseline to baseline for the layup and the win. Kentucky goes on to win the national title. Yeah lets play Kansas instead.. or the Zags.

Iowa would lose to Kentucky by more than 40, and UK would break the NCAA record for dunks in a game. Woody would have to redshirt next year because we wouldn't be able to get him out of the fetal position.
That or he would be imbedded in the hardwood somewhere near the foot of Kentucky's basket.

I don't see why not? Let's play KY and see what happens. Basketball is a strange game and March madness has had crazy things happen.. If Iowa were to play their best game. Few turnovers and shoot lights out. Get them in the bonus early in each half who knows... KY has had some close games down the stretch against teams that aren't any better or worse then we are. Just because they haven't been knocked off yet don't mean they can't be. And to be able to hear Michael Wilbon have to talk about that would just tickle me to no end...

Gotta beat them to win it all anyways, may as well do it early. Actually, I wouldn't mind playing them. It means we win a game and if we somehow beat them it goes down in tourny history and if we lose we will be forgotten fodder. We aren't winning the title so a chance to make an impact would be fun.

Latest posts