Gimme Moe...

My brother is a teacher at Muscatine High. Back in the '80s he said that the Hawkeye seniors (Moe, Michael Reeves, Al Lorenzen, Kent Hill, Bill Jones and Michael Morgan) used to play a benefit game against the teachers; they used to play a lot of benefit games and ended up making some money themselves. Moe showed up late and was so drunk he couldn't even tie his shoes.
All would be absolute studs on the current team. Every one of them. How did Raveling do it?

My brother is a teacher at Muscatine High. Back in the '80s he said that the Hawkeye seniors (Moe, Michael Reeves, Al Lorenzen, Kent Hill, Bill Jones and Michael Morgan) used to play a benefit game against the teachers; they used to play a lot of benefit games and ended up making some money themselves. Moe showed up late and was so drunk he couldn't even tie his shoes.

I remember when Iowa SRs did those. Earl & Barnes came to my high school with a team and played against teachers and some varsity players. Earl got mobbed after the game but I’ll give the guy credit, he signed every autograph that was asked of him

Every team in the league in the mid 1980's seemed to have a Caucasian guard that you hated when he played against you. Moe was our version of Skiles, Alford, Mike Heineman, Garde Thompson, Doug Altenberger, Jay (Horton says hello) Burson. Many of them prepped in Indiana. Jeff Hornecek would make this list too. Kentucky had a whole slew of them in the Joe B Hall/Eddie Sutton years.

Just as the teams were leaving the court at halftime at Michigan, Coach Fisher shouted: Moe, your'e an ahole.....

We loved it and high fived all around.....

:cool:

Wisconsin had a guard that everyone hated for all four years. Mike Kelly.....

10273578.jpeg

Then Zak Showalter showed up.....

Zak+Showalter+Iowa+v+Wisconsin+8iOXNVxdNIul.jpg

Just as the teams were leaving the court at halftime at Michigan, Coach Fisher shouted: Moe, your'e an ahole.....

We loved it and high fived all around.....

When Steve Alford and Scott Skiles squared off, you almost forgot that two teams were playing out there. They were like gunslingers in an old Western.

I remember when Iowa SRs did those. Earl & Barnes came to my high school with a team and played against teachers and some varsity players. Earl got mobbed after the game but I’ll give the guy credit, he signed every autograph that was asked of him
Me too. I saw BJ, Marble and Horton in Le Mars after their SR yr. BJ had his wrist in a cast but still sorta played. I was like 9 yrs old remember it like it was yesterday... Wish I still had the Tshirt I got them to sign for me from it still. I was dumb enough to wear it instead of frame it....