Gimme Moe...

I'd bet money the councilman was a moralistic prick that has been abusing his position to harass a business owner because he morally disagrees with his business. Doesn't make it right but I'd have a hard time containing myself if I'd dealt with months of harassment and attempts to destroy my livelihood by a prude. I'm speculating but I'd put good money on it.

Also the councilman in question is awaiting a hearing on charges of child molestation if you didn't read to the end.

Every team in the league in the mid 1980's seemed to have a Caucasian guard that you hated when he played against you. Moe was our version of Skiles, Alford, Mike Heineman, Garde Thompson, Doug Altenberger, Jay (Horton says hello) Burson. Many of them prepped in Indiana. Jeff Hornecek would make this list too. Kentucky had a whole slew of them in the Joe B Hall/Eddie Sutton years.

Every team in the league in the mid 1980's seemed to have a Caucasian guard that you hated when he played against you. Moe was our version of Skiles, Alford, Mike Heineman, Garde Thompson, Doug Altenberger, Jay (Horton says hello) Burson. Many of them prepped in Indiana. Jeff Hornecek would make this list too. Kentucky had a whole slew of them in the Joe B Hall/Eddie Sutton years.
I spent 1984-1993 living in Arizona (born in ‘80), and a coworker of my dad was the best friend of the Suns audio guy. I got to meet Hornacek and he was the absolute nicest pro athlete I ever met. Dan Majerle, awesome too. Tom Chambers, complete asshole. I wouldn’t walk across the street to piss on the guy if he was on fire. Trust me, you don’t always want to meet your heroes.

Last edited:
I spent 1984-1993 living in Arizona (born in ‘80), and a coworker of my dad was the best friend of the Suns audio guy. I got to meet Hornacek and he was the absolute nicest pro athlete I ever met. Dan Majerle, awesome too. Tom Chambers, complete asshole. I wouldn’t walk across the street to piss on the guy if he was on fire. Trust me, you don’t always want to meet your heroes.
Tom Chambers was as overrated as he was an asshole. There's a reason why he never won a championship despite having world class talent. I'm sure Hornecek was a great guy-off the court. Remember his first round buzzer beater to sink Miami of Ohio in Minneapolis hours before Iowa played on the same court?

He's trying to steal my show,
giphy.gif

I'd bet money the councilman was a moralistic prick that has been abusing his position to harass a business owner because he morally disagrees with his business. Doesn't make it right but I'd have a hard time containing myself if I'd dealt with months of harassment and attempts to destroy my livelihood by a prude. I'm speculating but I'd put good money on it.

Also the councilman in question is awaiting a hearing on charges of child molestation if you didn't read to the end.

A prude?? Did you read the whole article where the councilman is accused of child molestation!!!! Geezus what kind of chemicals are in the water in Indiana, man they have some weird people growing up and living there.

A prude?? Did you read the whole article where the councilman is accused of child molestation!!!! Geezus what kind of chemicals are in the water in Indiana, man they have some weird people growing up and living there.
Did you read the post you quoted of mine?

If he had been on ISU or another B1G team, I would have hated him but I did really like the guy.

Interesting how times have changed. I remember Iowa's road games and the other team's fans razzing him by throwing out a "Ho-" before his last name and yelling it over and over again. You'd get run out of the gym and banished forever if you were caught doing that these days.

If he had been on ISU or another B1G team, I would have hated him but I did really like the guy.

Interesting how times have changed. I remember Iowa's road games and the other team's fans razzing him by throwing out a "Ho-" before his last name and yelling it over and over again. You'd get run out of the gym and banished forever if you were caught doing that these days.
Just saying the first half of that word would likely get you banished from the arena today. In 1985 we had a Confederate flag hanging in our dorm room. That would be a no no today. I was just a big Dukes of Hazzard fan in high school.

My brother is a teacher at Muscatine High. Back in the '80s he said that the Hawkeye seniors (Moe, Michael Reeves, Al Lorenzen, Kent Hill, Bill Jones and Michael Morgan) used to play a benefit game against the teachers; they used to play a lot of benefit games and ended up making some money themselves. Moe showed up late and was so drunk he couldn't even tie his shoes.