Gillman vs Clark video

fulsaasfan

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE-ven02P2Y]‪JUNIOR FS 119: Gilman (NE) dec. Clark (IA)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks fulsaas. Close match so it's hard to say one is superior to the other...at least in freestyle. Is Iowa targeting both these guys?

Iowa does have offers on the table to both of these guys but 1 guy definitely has a better offer than the other at this point.

They are both very good wrestlers and I would love to see both in the Iowa room for sure. That said, I do think that Gillman wrestles more of the classic "Iowa Style." He pushes the pace, is physical, explosive, heavy hands, etc...

Both guys look like they are worthy of the credit they get. Gilman controlled every tie, and looked to be stronger/more physical. The takedown into leglace Clark pulls off in the 2nd was pretty slick, but came off Gilman's action.

Iowa does have offers on the table to both of these guys but 1 guy definitely has a better offer than the other at this point.

They are both very good wrestlers and I would love to see both in the Iowa room for sure. That said, I do think that Gillman wrestles more of the classic "Iowa Style." He pushes the pace, is physical, explosive, heavy hands, etc...

Looks like they should even the offers up.

Yeah I would agree. I realize it's only one match and both guys are obviously studs, but I would say watching it Gilman would transition faster into a college room right away. Very physical and great in a front headlock position although didn't show much in the lines of a leg attack. Clark took more shots but his set ups were nonexistent which won't bode well for him at the next level so he will really have to improve in that aspect. But i guess i just like Gilman's physical style better.

Both these young guys would be great on the team. I doubt they are always the same weight. Gilman looked taller than Cory @ Fargo he seemed to have a better reach, just my opinion. We could see Clark a career 125lb and Gilman 133/141 either way both of these guys are built for Black and Gold. Miss the 118lb class.

Neither guy would be able to hold 118 in college but both could make 125 for a while anyway. Most actually believe that Gillman is close to done growing and that Clark will hit a spurt and could get to 133/141 by the time he is done. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Gillman is wrestling in Hungary and then will be taking an official to Nebraska when he returns.

Clark is taking his time and taking some visits as well. From what I understand Iowa, ISU, and Nebraska are all near the top of his list.

I wanted Gilman for 125 and Clark for 133 as my #1 choice. #2 was Peters 125 and Clark 133. #2 is out. I'm not sure what my #3 would be.

Neither guy would be able to hold 118 in college but both could make 125 for a while anyway. Most actually believe that Gillman is close to done growing and that Clark will hit a spurt and could get to 133/141 by the time he is done. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Gillman is wrestling in Hungary and then will be taking an official to Nebraska when he returns.

Clark is taking his time and taking some visits as well. From what I understand Iowa, ISU, and Nebraska are all near the top of his list.

Any planned visits to Iowa for Gillman?

Latest posts