Getting lost in the shuffle nationally?

SixAMtailgate

The Iowa v. Penn St. game is going to get lost in the shuffle on saturday night. Even if Iowa wins impressively, will anyone notice?

8:00 PM ET No. 7 Florida at No. 1 Alabama
8:00 PM ET No. 3 Boise State at New Mexico State
8:00 PM ET No. 9 Stanford at No. 4 Oregon
8:00 PM ET Washington at No. 18 USC
8:00 PM ET Notre Dame at Boston College
8:05 PM ET No. 22 Penn State at No. 17 Iowa

The Iowa v. Penn St. game is going to get lost in the shuffle on saturday night. Even if Iowa wins impressively, will anyone notice?

Of those games only Fla/Ala and Stan/Ore look better to me on a national scale....of course everybody still loves ND and USC so those games will get more hype.

No. They usually don't. Now a win AT Michigan two weeks later, that is a different story.

I wouldn't expect anybody to be paying attention to us when there is two top ten match ups going on. Well all be watching the Hawks for sure but Ill sure be flipping to FL/AL, always a good war.

We're back to the underdog. Yes it is going to be relatively unnoticed due to it not being a top 10 team against a top 15 or 20 team. But, it's going to be a good game, and hopefully Iowa can come out with a big win. Then they'll get noticed, also watch as hopefully Oregon smokes Stanford and Ala kills Florida. That should drop them back to Iowa category. P.S. I think Florida loses 3 this year.

Yes. It's two teams from the Big Ten who aren't threatening for the national title anymore. We're most definitely going to get lost in the shuffle.

Let us be lost in the shuffle....until we beat Michigan, Wisconsin, and Ohio State. Everyone relax again on this lost in the shuffle thing...we have plenty left in the season to get us back in the spot light.

Really, at this point does it matter? The goal is to win the B10 and represent the league in the Rose Bowl. Polls have nothing to do with either of those goals.

Now, if Iowa had beaten AZ it would be a different story but the reality is, that at this point the ranking is just a number in front of the name.

Win and everything else will shake out.

I don't think anyone will pay attention to Iowa until the Oct 16th Mich game and that's assuming UM is 6-0 and Iowa is 4-1. Winning would not be enough, we'd have to stimie their offense to get people talking (ie: shutdown Robinson)

Oh I watched highlights on ESPN after I got home Saturday evening form the Ball St. game. The espn announcer's said up next Big 10 action. I was like sweet let me see couple of the nice plays Iowa had and they showed Michigan, Wisc. and Ohio St and nothing about Iowa winning. I think they even showed Penn St. I was like no credit none at all.
Talk about being lost in the shuffle. Bet if we beat Ball St. by 3 points they would of shown some plays.

I don't think anyone will pay attention to Iowa until the Oct 16th Mich game and that's assuming UM is 6-0 and Iowa is 4-1. Winning would not be enough, we'd have to stimie their offense to get people talking (ie: shutdown Robinson)

You are correct, but you need to remember that the Iowa DL is built to do just that, stymie offenses. The Hawks will have an extra week to plan/practice for this game and I think they'll be ready.

UM is currently ranked 93 in total defense. To put that in perspective, Ball State is ranked 91 and Iowa State is 63.

Shut down the run and force them to pass. Pretty much the key to every game. TMFS could have a big game.

How can playing on national tv in prime time mean getting lost in national shuffle how much more national can we get and why are so many Iowa fans worried about that lets take care of PSU and just keep winning and the rest will take care of itself sick of hearing about national respect.

Latest posts