Getting lost in the shuffle nationally?

I just wish some of those games were in the afternoon,so I could watch Fl-Bama,and Oregon-Stanford.
But, personally, the Wisc-MSU game is my choice for afternoon watching...that should be a good one. Sometimes I wish that college football would extend to Sunday...too many good games,not enough time...

Really, at this point does it matter? The goal is to win the B10 and represent the league in the Rose Bowl. Polls have nothing to do with either of those goals.

Now, if Iowa had beaten AZ it would be a different story but the reality is, that at this point the ranking is just a number in front of the name.

Win and everything else will shake out.

We still have a shot at the National Championship, long shot, but a shot non the less. We need OSU to be #1 when we play them. If we played OSU in game 11 and won in 2002, we would have played for all the marbles.

Unfortunately, I think we have to face the facts that Iowa is a very distant long shot for the National Title now. So distant, it is not realistic anymore. We may get back into the top 10 at some point, but it will be very difficult to get into that #1 or #2 spot. The voters will make sure we don't get there.

The goal now has to be to win out, win the Big Ten, and hopefully be playing in the Rose Bowl, or some other BCS Bowl game. It took me until today to really come to terms with that. For example, we beat Ball St 45-0 and we don't even move up in the poll that really counts, while other teams pass us, or don't drop as far because their name is Texas and not Iowa. That theme will likely continue even if Iowa were to win the rest of their games. Maybe, just maybe, if Iowa were to win out and win their BCS game, they could finish #3 in the country and pick up maybe a first place vote or two depending how the NT game played out.

Unfortunately, I think we have to face the facts that Iowa is a very distant long shot for the National Title now. So distant, it is not realistic anymore. We may get back into the top 10 at some point, but it will be very difficult to get into that #1 or #2 spot. The voters will make sure we don't get there.

The goal now has to be to win out, win the Big Ten, and hopefully be playing in the Rose Bowl, or some other BCS Bowl game. It took me until today to really come to terms with that. For example, we beat Ball St 45-0 and we don't even move up in the poll that really counts, while other teams pass us, or don't drop as far because their name is Texas and not Iowa. That theme will likely continue even if Iowa were to win the rest of their games. Maybe, just maybe, if Iowa were to win out and win their BCS game, they could finish #3 in the country and pick up maybe a first place vote or two depending how the NT game played out.

It's a long shot, but OSU is #1 and we could easily be #7 or higher. We would do some jumping. I bet up to #3 than we would need some help in confernce championship games probably. If OSU loses before they play us, than I agree, all hope is lost.

I still think they won't let BSU or TCU in.

"It's a long shot, but OSU is #1 and we could easily be #7 or higher. We would do some jumping. I bet up to #3 than we would need some help in confernce championship games probably. If OSU loses before they play us, than I agree, all hope is lost.

I still think they won't let BSU or TCU in."

It would be so wonderful. A lot of people would really have to like us and the Iowa bandwagon would have to be in full steam ahead. We need a lot of help as you say with other teams winning and losing. But, voters are just as quick to dismiss us and are just as quick to find anything to more or less brush aside when the NT talk heats up. Part of that is major voter bias towards the big traditional schools and the other part is Iowa not living up to its billing when the national spotlight is on them in big games (like the Arizona game). Just when people start to give Iowa credit, they find a way to disappoint. I do agree, we do need OSU to come into Kinnick being number 1 and obviously us not dropping another game in the meantime for any remote shot at the national title game.

Last edited:

Latest posts