Get ready to be let down...

My advice to you this weekend? start drinking heavily...so when the 2:30 news conference comes on Monday afternoon...you're to schnockered to care... I have a bad feeling, this is going to be a VERY disappointing hire... sigh.............

I think you might be drinking now... look, it's all relative, what you may think is a bad hire, might be the best for someone else. One thing I know for sure, is that cynicism gets you no where in life.... but message boards.

I'll wait to see before I join you.
I will give Gary the benefit of the doubt, because his job maybe on the line with this hire. I think he is going to go after the candidate that will best fit the expectations of the Hawkeye fans. (He can't please everyone though)

My advice to you this weekend? start drinking heavily...so when the 2:30 news conference comes on Monday afternoon...you're to schnockered to care... I have a bad feeling, this is going to be a VERY disappointing hire... sigh.............

Boy I bet your a real blast to be around......

How would we have any idea until after he coaches at least a year?

+1
+2
+3
+4
+5
+6
+7
+8
+9
+10

i totally agree with you that this hire is going to be an absolute let down... we want a top tier program but we will hire a low level guy.. hopefully we get that 1 in a billion guy that starts out cleaning toilets and ends up the CEO...

Damn. If this guy has a feeling, I think we know whjat the inevitable outcome is...

How about instead of getting depressed about who they hire, you get in a time machine, go back to last week, and kick yourself in the head for believeing that Iowa is a desirable destination that premiere coaches want to come to.

You can't blame Barta for your overexcitement. That is like blaming the bartender when the girl you take home is acctually a dude.

Damn. If this guy has a feeling, I think we know whjat the inevitable outcome is...

How about instead of getting depressed about who they hire, you get in a time machine, go back to last week, and kick yourself in the head for believeing that Iowa is a desirable destination that premiere coaches want to come to.

You can't blame Barta for your overexcitement. That is like blaming the bartender when the girl you take home is acctually a dude.
That's Funny :eek:

Latest posts