Get Prepared for some Tough Times

longtimer

We had hoped for a special year. Obviously that is gone. Next year will be worse. Lose a lot of key players with little hope of adding enough to be good. May be looking at 3 or 4 win season
Iowa men's athletic program at crossroads. Regardless if Ferentz retires (and he needs to retire) we are going to be in a transition rebuilding state.
Add to that Fran will leaving soon as well and a new coach will need to upgrade a program that has struggled to be anything but Mediocre for years.

Tough job ahead for our AD. Hiring the right coaches won't be easy but hopefully she doesn't take the easy way out

The positives she has to work with is a solid fan base and being in the Big Ten $$
Of course the negative is being in the Big Ten makes it almost impossible for Iowa to ever challenge for championships.

Maybe the worst is that Clones are now the dominant team in both sports and they will challenge in a conference with really mediocre teams. But that will get them to the Playoffs

Could be some tough times ahead but I went through 20 years of no winning seasons in football. Unfortunately I don't have 20 years left

Looks like the smart thing to do now is get ready for next year. That means playing a lot of younger players. There is no evidence we will do that. First thing we need is better passing and the second is better tackling.

I was a student at Iowa in the '70's. I had the unfortunate timing to experience both the Commings and Lauterbur programs (including the 1973 0-11 season). Yesterday's MSU game caused me to experience some unwelcome flashbacks to those days.

I'm wondering. Who is officially gone(graduation) and who do you think leaves, either for NFL or NIL?

I’m rattling this off the top of my head so take it, fwiw.

Harris
Lachey
Jones
Colby
Richman
Higgins
Jackson
Schulte
Craig
Black
Castro
CM
Fisher

I believe those guys are out of eligibility.

Kaleb Johnson is gone if he stays healthy. I think Aaron Graves stays, but I’m not sure how the NFL sees him.

Hall/Lee/Lestor

Your guess is as good as mine in what happens there. All three guys have eligibility and with Harris gone, both corner spots will be open.

XN

I don’t know I could see him leaving and I could see him staying. He has a year of eligibility left.

Everyone feel free to check my work, as I stated before, just rattling shit off the top of my head.