Gessell, Woodbury, Paige

scia

Tomorrow night at the Sioux City Tyson Event Center and Saturday night. #1 S. Sioux City vs #10 Linn Mar. Also #7 SC East vs #7 3A Le Mars. Then Saturday night #4 Heelan vs #10 Linn Mar.

Tomorrow night at the Sioux City Tyson Event Center and Saturday night. #1 S. Sioux City vs #10 Linn Mar. Also #7 SC East vs #7 3A Le Mars. Then Saturday night #4 Heelan vs #10 Linn Mar.

Who is this Gessell you speak of?

Jesus people! Spell the kid's name right! It's not even a difficult name to spell!

sounds like Gesell got killed by paige. Either way.. I still excited to see this kid in a Hawk Uni.

Paige played an outstanding game. 31 pts, 7 reb, and 4 steals. Gesell led his team with 18 pts. I was more surprised at how easily Linn-Mar handled South Sioux City.

Damn you Roy Williams. You've raped and pillaged our people long enough you freaking tyrant. Stop stealing our talent after we have coddled and nurtured them.

Paige played an outstanding game. 31 pts, 7 reb, and 4 steals. Gesell led his team with 18 pts. I was more surprised at how easily Linn-Mar handled South Sioux City.

makes you dream that if we hadn't hired Lick and got a good coach/recruiter at that time, if we would have had a shot at getting him to come to iowa.

Paige is a long time heels fan, chances wouldn't have been much better...

A small chance is much better than the no chance that Licklieter would have had.

Licklieter couldn't have happened at a worse time too. Right when the state is having the best three year run of talent its ever seen Iowa has that fool at helm.

Fran got to the party way late and did amazingly well considering. Lick wouldn't have got Ogeslby, Gessel or Woodbury.

There was never any chance Paige was in an Iowa uni no matter who the coach was. His favorite team offered and thats all it took.

^. Several things have played into this. For jason bohanon the word at LM was Alford wouldn't confirm he would be there his while career, and in hindsight he made the right choice. Sounded like Gibbs was iowa's unless his dream school gonzaga offered and they did late. Paige was north Carolina's the second they offered. A big fan who's dream school offered and could potentially set him on course to the NBA...

I didn't see this anywhere else so I grabbed the nearest thread with Paige in the subject...

Tonight Kennedy took Linn Mar to double OT before LM pulled it out 83-77. Paige was a man amongst boys...

* 49 points
* Brought LM back from down 9 with under 2 minutes to go
* 4 point play with :05 left to send it to OT
* Scored something like 21 of LM's 24 first half points

Sounds like it was Paige vs. Kennedy tonight, and in the end Paige got just enough help to help LM get away with the W.

I was there. It wasn't Kennedy taking LM to OT, it was the other way around. LM's first lead was in OT. Trailed the entire regulation. Marcus simply took over. Down 10 going into the 4th with only 30 points it seemed bleak. Down 7 with 25 secs to go and still went in OT. It was a great game. Marcus wouldn't be denied.

I was there as well. I thought LM was toast. Paige is simply amazing, just a great player. I feel bad for Kennedy, that's a tough one to lose.

I was on the Kennedy side and saw a lot of people heading out when LM was down 7 with less than 30 to play. Needless to say many poured back in and/or felt foolish when they turned on the radio or news when they got home. Paige had 21 of the teams 24 first half points when his teammates were flat broke. Credit to him for trying to keep them involved, but they did nothing until late in the fourth and ot's. Kennedy fans were hounding him a bit about being selfish, but he was trying to dish and his teammates were missing everything until late. If his supporting cast can play a little D and knock down even a few shots the lions could make a run at it again. A lot of work to do in a week though...

Here's a stat I found...

End of 3rd quarter FG's:
Paige: 8/12
LM players not named Paige: 1/17

End of game FG's:
Paige 14/24
LM players not named Paige: 7/26

Actually a respectable showing by the supporting cast after the 3rd quarter. Paige's back/shoulders are going to be sore tomorrow, carrying the load like that...

Latest posts