Gessell Spotted with Fran

Gesell will be a great point guard for someone..I just hope it's us. Hes an excellent passer, fine shooter and always seems to be around the ball. If we can get Mike it shows Fran is getting close.

do you think he can run the point? i know he handles the ball a lot for SSC, but it seems that his natural position is SG.

FYI: his name is spelled Gesell. Minor thing,but if we are going to be recruiting him the next 6 months,might as well start the education process on Iowa fans.

Hope Fran can sway him to Black and Gold...he is a HS version of Montae Ellis,I hear.

Shon Green thinks you're a jerk...:mad:

I've seen these guys play and we have an excellent chance of signing both of them.....

woodysnipes_468x619.jpg.jpeg

Fran has shown the character and work ethic that Iowans admire. I don't remember an Iowa BB coach that has worked so hard on the recruiting front. He will be rewarded for his efforts. Basabe is the center piece of the turnaround that Fran is selling. Sounds like Fran is bringing his vision and centerpiece to the recruiting table.

Being on the ground floor of a new opportunity (or business in my experience) can be a very exciting and rewarding experience. I'm sure many that have experienced this in their careers or business experiences can testify to this. You do take a risk but if successful there is no better experience and reward. Fran is selling a very similar proposition to these prospects.

FYI.......nice post, Carneyhawk

But couldn't they find a better place to eat? I know Coker lives in Hillcrest too- did he join them?

FYI: his name is spelled Gesell. Minor thing,but if we are going to be recruiting him the next 6 months,might as well start the education process on Iowa fans.

Hope Fran can sway him to Black and Gold...he is a HS version of Montae Ellis,I hear.

FYI: His name is spelled Monta. Might as well start the education process.

I saw Gesell play in the Nebraska Class B State finals and he impressed me more than any other player on any of the 12 teams I saw that day. But then again ... this is Nebraska HS BB.

What I really liked about his game is his unselfishness. He started out hitting a few shots from short, medium, then long range, so when the opposing team would double on him, he would either drive around them or find an open player. And the biggest smiles came from a good assist, as opposed to any of his baskets.

To me, this kid reminds me of a Jess Settles type. A gym rat type ... always hustling ... always diving for the ball ... and encouraging his teammates.

He is probably the first Nebraska prep BB player I have felt could possibly help Iowa since Andre Woolridge. Not saying he will be that good, but I do hope Fran gets him.

FYI: His name is spelled Monta. Might as well start the education process.

Why? Is Iowa going to be recruiting Ellis for the next six months,inspiring countless threads that will be spelling out his name like Gesell's?

Recruits probably prefer seeing their name spelled correctly by fans who covet their services....just me.

As I'm sure most of you know, Mike was named 2011 Gatorade Player of the Year in Nebraska.

He reminds me of Wes Eikmeier wo played at ISU a year and then transfered to CSU. Eikmeier also was Gatorade Player of the year in Nebraska.

I do think that Mike has more potential than the previous 2 years winner Elliot Eliason

But couldn't they find a better place to eat? I know Coker lives in Hillcrest too- did he join them?

That may have just been the way to avoid any rules violations. Basabe's meal is paid for by scholarship, and it's only like $7.50 for Gesell at one of the dining halls, so it's no problem for him to pick up his own tab.

He reminds me of Wes Eikmeier wo played at ISU a year and then transfered to CSU. Eikmeier also was Gatorade Player of the year in Nebraska.

I do think that Mike has more potential than the previous 2 years winner Elliot Eliason

For the time/energy being spent on Mike by the staff...I sure hope he's better than Wes.
When I say better...I mean a LOT better than what Wes was like.

For the time/energy being spent on Mike by the staff...I sure hope he's better than Wes.
When I say better...I mean a LOT better than what Wes was like.

well, he can't jump out of the building like Wes, but he's an exponentially better shooter. that and he has a lot of offers, so it seems like that fits the a lot category.

Mike is a true gym rat. Ask any of his team mates, he is what motivates them and he gets them in the gym more than they would have otherwise. I do not agree with Stormin (Unusual), I think he would have competed for MVP in Iowa. He works harder than his opponents much like another Hawk from the past...

He has a very well rounded game and would be a nice addition in 2012!

Mike is a true gym rat. Ask any of his team mates, he is what motivates them and he gets them in the gym more than they would have otherwise. I do not agree with Stormin (Unusual), I think he would have competed for MVP in Iowa. He works harder than his opponents much like another Hawk from the past...

He has a very well rounded game and would be a nice addition in 2012!

I think he definitely would compete in Iowa for the MVP, but the question was if I thought he would have won it. I think Uthoff and/or Paige would still have won it. And if I would predict next year's I think Paige would win it. JMO.

Latest posts