Gessell Spotted with Fran

SixerHawk

Gessell was just eating with Franny Mac and Melsahn at Hillcrest. Did not think he was going to be in town this weekend but obviously that is the case. Glad to see Fran is working on him, he'd be a great pick up for 2012

Any video of Mr. Gessell. I guess he is supposed to be really good.

A side note, it seems like Mel is the player Fran turns to, to do a little recruiting.

"A side note, it seems like Mel is the player Fran turns to, to do a little recruiting"

i think the same thing about Mel. Why wouldn't he turn to Mel, talk about being committed to a coach.

FYI: his name is spelled Gesell. Minor thing,but if we are going to be recruiting him the next 6 months,might as well start the education process on Iowa fans.

Hope Fran can sway him to Black and Gold...he is a HS version of Montae Ellis,I hear.

For those of you that have not watched video or seen him play.... I will compare him other Sioux City greats. He is a mix of Kirk Hinrich and Nate Funk...... and that is not a bad thing at all.

What were they eating? I see that gold is near a all time high let's hope the same happens with Hawkeye gold. I can't wait to see Coker run the ball this fall behind that big offensive line. I also think the basketball team will be much improved with a years experience under most players belts. Then there's wrestling. Surely Hawkeye gold is rising.

What were they eating? I see that gold is near a all time high let's hope the same happens with Hawkeye gold. I can't wait to see Coker run the ball this fall behind that big offensive line. I also think the basketball team will be much improved with a years experience under most players belts. Then there's wrestling. Surely Hawkeye gold is rising.
Dont exclude the golf team that is on the rise.:D

it is pretty well known in the Sioux City area that Mike likes to run and likes the type of system Fran runs. it will remain to be seen if we can beat out other schools for his services, but he's definitely interested.

The complete dearth of talent out of the Des Moines metro is amazing to me. I know there's a hs bb guy every now and then but the real talent generally comes out of C.R., Sioux City, or Iowa City. It's strange.

No worries, I found some video on Gisele and I understand why Fran and Mel would enjoy a casual lunch to while away the day....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfU93n6vo6M"]YouTube - Gisele Bundchen - Victoria's Secret Runway Compilation HD[/ame]

Actually it is very good news. He is considered by many to be the number one basketball player in Nebraska. I found this video and he looks pretty good, aggressive and very good shooter and passes the ball nicely. Looks like he would fit Fran's plan like a glove. Might want to turn the volume down. I wish they wouldn't provide the soundtrack to the highlight videos, somewhat grating on the nerves at times.

Mike Gesell highlights at the KC Classic at PrepForce

Last edited:
The best part of this story is that Fran is busy doing things which are a total surprise to all of the pundits on this board. While many fans hyperventilate about lack of visible recruiting results Coach Fran & staff are busy doing the work. Persistent hard work with no fan-fare - Fran is doing things the right way & the results will follow. This is a marathon, not a sprint. I like Fran's style!!!!

i agree with the above. if fran fails, it certainly won't be for lack of effort. the dude is all over the place. if only our last two coaches had half that, we'd be in a totally different place right now as a program.

back to the OP. Gesell isn't one of those "make a program" guys, but would be a solid contributer. would love to have another shooter.

i agree with the above. if fran fails, it certainly won't be for lack of effort. the dude is all over the place. if only our last two coaches had half that, we'd be in a totally different place right now as a program.

back to the OP. Gesell isn't one of those "make a program" guys, but would be a solid contributer. would love to have another shooter.

Alford brought in guys from different places. His problem was that he couldn't always get them academically eligible. But he got all the guys he wanted from Iowa and also got a lot of the guys from the wider region he wanted. He didn't go too far out of the Big Ten footprint. But that might be a decent way to use resources well.

Now Lick is a different story.

I guess you're right about Stevie-boy, but the program was a heck of a lot more high profile back then, so it wasn't a hard sell to get the local kids.

it will be interesting to see if Fran can develop some east coast connections. couldn't hurt. but, i'd just as rather get the good kids from chicago and st louis than anywhere else.

Latest posts