George Fant to decide Monday?

If somehow Iowa gets George Fant to commit, I will be ready to prounounce this class shaping up better than I could have hoped. This guy's video is great. He is exactly what Iowa needs to deal with Jared Sullinger and other behemoths in the paint in the league. If we get George Fant, then add either Tyler Harris or David Kravish, it will be a very solid class,especially for big guys. Fant,White,Harris/Kravish....that is a frontline right there.

Fant would be a GREAT get. Very good in the post with a nice 15ft jumper. I'm with ya, JHHawk! If we grab him and Harris or Kravish, Iowa could be back on the map very soon! Go get 'em, Fran!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2ZFpm6qcK4&feature=related]YouTube - George Fant 2010 Basketball Highlights[/ame]

This kid isn't even telling his friends or classmates which way he is leaning. I have a family member that teaches at his high school and she didn't even know he was in Iowa City last weekend. I still believe he stays home and goes to Western Kentucky. I hope I am wrong.

But, but...

His other offers aren't any good.

Do you really think people are viewing an offer from Iowa as being very good right now?

It is not like we are playing at a high level of late. In fact, we are in the midst of the worst stretch of basketball in the history of the program. Big Ten or not, that isn't very attractive to me if I were a player not from Iowa.

After watching this video... I have determined it isn't creepy to talk to this kid about his plans... this is no high school kid. This is an adult. Impressive skills! What we need to go with White, Oglesby and Co. ANGER! A little bit of Reggie Evans?

I don't know what this basketball seaon will hold, but I know I am actually excited for it to start this year. Now if only I can keep track of when the games are...

This kid looks like the kind of player that could really help FM turn the corner. Might grow into being one of those Gary Trent types.

I am braced for him to pick Western Ky. Rumors are that he really likes that staff and has been close to them for a couple of years. Hope the rumors are wrong and he picks the Hawks.

If he's only 6'6" then WKU might be better suited for him. I love his video but the B10 is a different ball game. To contradict myself, sometimes size is completely overrated. He certainly seems skilled for a big strong kid. I wouldn't bet against him in the B10, just making a point.

If he's only 6'6" then WKU might be better suited for him. I love his video but the B10 is a different ball game. To contradict myself, sometimes size is completely overrated. He certainly seems skilled for a big strong kid. I wouldn't bet against him in the B10, just making a point.

Scout has him at 6'7' Rivals has him at 6'6'. Might mean either is a bad measurement, he is still growing, who knows? Seems to have a big body nonetheless.

I love his post moves to the basket. From that video, he is a big body that seals well , goes strong with pretty good low post foot work. This kid will be able to score in the B10 even at 6'5 if that video is typical of his play. Will need to all but forget about the low post fade away though, unless it evolves into a nice baby hook.

He does not likely fill the void of a low post stopper. Doesn't mean he can't surprise or be effective but his height does not lend itself to that low post stopper we (fans) have been wanting.

Could be a tough rebounder, apears to like transition.

We offered, we must want him. I really hope we get him.

Latest posts