Gavin Holmes Talks to HN About Decision to Decommit from Iowa

Could see it coming. He lists a few things

Eno
No Visit Policy
An offense that won't change

I don't think the bleeding will stop soon

Pretty much checked off all the boxes in his tweet. Half surprised he waited this long to do it.
I wish I knew the thread people were somewhat dismissing what I'd said about how when Eno first decommitted to look out for the title wave of kids dropping... It wasn't a hard thing to see coming...

The only thing good about this is that the staff just got called out very publicly. Now adapt.
Exactly... It's one thing for us internet geeks and even the occasional media person to question things. But when the kids themselves that burn them over it call em out....

Perception is reality.

The policy may be a good one (subjective), but when you have a falling out with a high profile recruit over it, doesn't matter who was right. It only looks bad for Iowa. Much like the Rhabdo incident, it's only see as a negative on the program.

This staff, and administration are REALLY bad at putting out fires as well.

It'll be OK, we'll take that farm town 2* WR and he'll be starting over Young/Falconer/etc next year

But but but Dean and the other KF apologists say it's a good policy!

“The whole situation that happened with my brother, Eno, and Iowa’s policy and how they went out and offered a committed prospect and tried getting him to visit when their recruits were not allowed to take visits at all just didn’t sit very well with me and I think it was handled completely wrong,” Holmes said.

“The whole situation that happened with my brother, Eno, and Iowa’s policy and how they went out and offered a committed prospect and tried getting him to visit when their recruits were not allowed to take visits at all just didn’t sit very well with me and I think it was handled completely wrong,” Holmes said.

And it doesn't matter if he's wrong about the policy. The fact that it played into his decision, and is talking about how it wronged one of his buddies is all that people will focus on. No one is going to come out and say "Iowa has a policy, you should honor it", instead it'll be Iowa is hypocritical with how they recruit.

Just stupid, and shows how bad this staff is at trying to put out fires. I still think this class blows up further. Not like we're going to show them anything different with Nebraska, and the bowl game.

Hey Martin please come. Pretty pretty please.... What color and kind of car do you want? Those should be the questions asked to him. (I'm joking!!) But if Iowa don't get him then they'll just be trying to use bubble gum to patch the Hoover Dam with this class

What policy? The policy that let Ross P, Delano Hill, Karan Higdon, Drew Ott, Noah Fant, Eno, Calloway and Coralles, and Holmes for that matter (visited OU) all take visits without pulling their offers?

I get why 17 year old kids can't see something for what it is, but what is your excuse?

What policy? The policy that let Ross P, Delano Hill, Karan Higdon, Drew Ott, Noah Fant, Eno, Calloway and Coralles, and Holmes for that matter (visited OU) all take visits without pulling their offers?

I get why 17 year old kids can't see something for what it is, but what is your excuse?

Haha of course you say what policy even after Holmes called it out

Haha of course you say what policy even after Holmes called it out

Like I said, I get why I 17 year old says what he does. What is your excuse?

What is Iowa's policy if they let Ross P, Delano Hill, Karan Higdon, Drew Ott, Noah Fant, Eno, Calloway, Coralles, and Holmes all take visits without pulling their offers?

Latest posts