Gatens is a GREAT HAWK

rjhindm

I just wanted to show some love for one of the greatest and hardest working Iowa players ever. I feel bad he (most likely) will not play in a post season. I am proud he us a Hawkeye and we both graduated from the same high school.

Agreed....to many fans have not given him credit. I would have been awesome to see him on a team where he is not the only shooter to guard.

Too bad the rest of the team forgot to show up tonight to help him out. White had a decent game though and Marble at times. If Gatens was on in the 1st half we would have won.

still a shot at the NIT. better than most thought. he deserves some post season in his career as a great, loyal, hard working hawkeye!

Cole last season and Gatens this season have reaffirmed to me that you don't have to be an all-timer on a stat list to be an all-time great and/or favorite...love 'em both. Great Hawkeyes!

Chicken bleep effort by too many guys tonight. Outside of Marble, White and Gatens, nobody else stepped up. McCabe 2 points and fouling out was classic. This was Penn State folks and outside of 3 players, we didn't have anyone capable of doing anything offensively.

Way to throw some ****** water in a Gatens appreciation thread there double H.

Matt did everything he could to carry the team in the second half.

Chicken bleep effort by too many guys tonight. Outside of Marble, White and Gatens, nobody else stepped up. McCabe 2 points and fouling out was classic. This was Penn State folks and outside of 3 players, we didn't have anyone capable of doing anything offensively.

Not true...there's a difference between "not capable" and "not doing it"...

To go against the grain here, I will agree with Sioux. Gatens came out of halftime ready to lead a comeback and put the team on his back. If he got any and I mean any help, even from guys making free throws, Iowa wins this game. Total debacle on the inbounds play with 3 seconds on the shot clock where we give up the layup, then McCabe throws it away and the guy hits the 3 (if memory serves).

lots of love for Marble...he is going to be great...but I thought he sucked today. was owned on defense and continues to waste fast break opportunities.

Latest posts