Garza w/ 9 Points In His Summer League Debut

Yeah those Sioux City Muskateer games were fun back in the day when I was a kid are they still a thing? I went to some Des Moines Buc games too as an adult it's such a good time in person.

The St Louis game I went to we had nosebleed seats but it was for a bachelor party so of course that was fun no matter what. I wish I liked the sport more frankly. I just don't have the time to keep up with all that I want to as it is let alone more..

The Bucs were awesome back in the day. One of my high school classmates had a season there before he went on to play for Boston College and then in the NHL. For hockey and baseball, I definitely prefer the lower leagues to the pros. Those dudes are busting their asses. None of this "Oh, the game against Atlanta doesn't mean anything so LeBron ain't gonna play" type of shit.

Yeah, watching hockey on TV is hard work. And there's a problem with most live sports (other than maybe tennis, golf or volleyball) which is that on about 80% of plays, the play is successful or not based on something away from the ball, but unfortunately a huge proportion of the camera time is dedicated to the ball. You might see the QB drop back but you don't see the phenomenal block by the left guard who picked up a blitz and left a linebacker on his ass two feet past the line of scrimmage. You don't see the WR put the second move on the DB before the pass. You don't see the guy set a great screen to get a guy wide open for a jumper. You don't see the wing make a sick break to deflect a pass into the goal. I mean, you might eventually see the replay, but not seeing that stuff while the play is in progress sucks. I love going to Iowa games and watching the line play and the routes. It's a lot easier to see when a QB is good when you are there because you get a better feel for where pressure is coming from, where lanes are and when guys are open. You just can't really gauge that shit on TV unless it is just a piss poor line play game (like Iowa-Wisconsin 2017) and the QB is toast before he gets his feet set.
I always thought that with the advent of high def and widescreens there should be an alternate channel for all college and pro football games. Zoomed out to include the full offense and defense. As a fan of game mechanics and strategy I don't give a F about being able to see tom Brady's face or what shoes Derrick Henry is wearing. I know every Iowa player that's on the field and where they are on both sides of the ball; show me the whole play start to finish so I can try to read Brian and Phil's minds.

The Bucs were awesome back in the day. One of my high school classmates had a season there before he went on to play for Boston College and then in the NHL. For hockey and baseball, I definitely prefer the lower leagues to the pros. Those dudes are busting their asses. None of this "Oh, the game against Atlanta doesn't mean anything so LeBron ain't gonna play" type of shit.
In Sioux City when a fight breaks out they hit the house lights, put a spotlight on the fight, and crank Welcome To The Jungle.

It’s crazy how Garza was such a dominant force in the college game but he looks like an 8th grader (physically) out there with NBA guys. And that’s just summer league. Not trying to take away from Luka, but it just goes to show the gap from P6 college ball to the pros. It’s a whole different area code. He’s got to find that role as a forward rather than a center; the post-up days of Olajuwon and Shaq aren’t a thing anymore and that’s how he made his way in college. I saw a pretty good interview with Luka where he mentioned the same thing, that he couldn’t rely on manhandling guys in the post anymore because instead of being the big man on the floor he might be the smallest forward out there.

The first time I went to an NBA game (which was after a lot of Big Ten games), it absolutely blew my mind how monstrously huge those guys are. You can’t get that from watching tv.

Not to be a douche, but you are just now coming to that conclusion? lol, you still think this is 1985 and big men just play with their back to the basket? Nothing personal man....you just have not been paying much attention to hoops in recent years....no clue how the sport has evolved over recent years.

I always thought that with the advent of high def and widescreens there should be an alternate channel for all college and pro football games. Zoomed out to include the full offense and defense. As a fan of game mechanics and strategy I don't give a F about being able to see tom Brady's face or what shoes Derrick Henry is wearing. I know every Iowa player that's on the field and where they are on both sides of the ball; show me the whole play start to finish so I can try to read Brian and Phil's minds.

The NFL has some "All-22" screen. It used to be against the terms of their contract for the broadcasters to even show it other than on replays where it was the only relevant angle or something. I think they now sell it as a standalone package but it is not available until days after the game has been played. I'd much rather watch the game that way.

Nothing against the guys running the broadcasts, but nothing is more frustrating than the zoomed camera, you see a LB slip on the snap but he slides out of screen as the camera pans on the QB. The camerawork is just so formulaic and wrong. But it is apparent to me in watching with some of my bros that they do not have very discerning eyes for watching football and I think the networks try to make it as "accessible" as possible.

I'd be alright with that if it was me.

I've been hearing a lot from Pistons fans online that they want him to be Bill Laimbeer 2.0. Only problem is Luka's not a big enough asshole.

I went to a WNBA game in Chicago with my daughters AAU BB team. They had a promotional night and we were able to go an hour and a half before game time. Laimbeer was coaching the NY team. I saw him and went over and introduced myself and shook his hand. The best part of the entire experience for me was watching him chew the refs ass the entire game. We were about 10 rows behind his bench. Classic.

Not to be a douche, but you are just now coming to that conclusion? lol, you still think this is 1985 and big men just play with their back to the basket? Nothing personal man....you just have not been paying much attention to hoops in recent years....no clue how the sport has evolved over recent years.
Lolsies. I said it was pretty stark how small he plays compared to NBA guys, and that his post up game wouldn’t work like it did in college, and that I saw him talking about it in an interview.

Where in any of that did I say I thought bigs play that way in the NBA? I mean, speaking of douchery…

I went to a WNBA game in Chicago with my daughters AAU BB team. They had a promotional night and we were able to go an hour and a half before game time. Laimbeer was coaching the NY team. I saw him and went over and introduced myself and shook his hand. The best part of the entire experience for me was watching him chew the refs ass the entire game. We were about 10 rows behind his bench. Classic.
My old man loved Laimbeer. Always rooted for the heel

That video shows what Garza will be, a garbage man. He will clean up loose balls and put them in. The ball will find him a lot and he will finish.

He has a career in the NBA as a 10 minute a night guy averaging about 6 points a game.
In other words, the kind of career Ryan Bowen had, or that Chris Street would have had.

Yeah those Sioux City Muskateer games were fun back in the day when I was a kid are they still a thing? I went to some Des Moines Buc games too as an adult it's such a good time in person.

The St Louis game I went to we had nosebleed seats but it was for a bachelor party so of course that was fun no matter what. I wish I liked the sport more frankly. I just don't have the time to keep up with all that I want to as it is let alone more..
I'm getting season tickets for Dubuque Fighting Saints games as soon as the last kid is done with high school sports.

Hockey may also be the only sport that better to watch from behind the end line, though some enjoy watching football from that angle and especially with Kinnick's recent revisions.

Lolsies. I said it was pretty stark how small he plays compared to NBA guys, and that his post up game wouldn’t work like it did in college, and that I saw him talking about it in an interview.

Where in any of that did I say I thought bigs play that way in the NBA? I mean, speaking of douchery…

Regardless. It is clear that you have not been paying attention until like 10 hours ago. Feel free to carry on though.

My old man loved Laimbeer. Always rooted for the heel
Laimbeer was a solid, intelligent player.

He had to push physicality over the line. He lacked foot speed and Chuck Daly coached pure man to man. No switching, no rotating. If your man beat you it was curtains. It was designed to keep athletic teams like the Celtics and 76'ers and Atlanta Hawks off the offensive boards and the Pistons were usually among the best at defensive rebounding.

Regardless. It is clear that you have not been paying attention until like 10 hours ago. Feel free to carry on though.
Uhhhhh…ok. Thanks for the permission. Still a stupid fuckin post, but carry on.

Is a duck's ass water tight?

Hell yes they are, they're still a blast. My kid and I hit a couple a year.
That's awesome. I bet it's been since before Jordan won his 4th title that I've been to one. Those are so different to view as a kid compared to an adult. That was the coolest thing I'd ever done up to that point till I got to go to an Iowa basketball camp when I was 16

Money, yes.

Dream realization, no.

Luka’s old man is rich, he doesn’t need the money. He’s likely set comfortably for life no matter what
What's his Dad do? I've gotten the impression that he's pretty well off but other then being a former player a long time ago I have no clue what he does.

Laimbeer was a solid, intelligent player.

He had to push physicality over the line. He lacked foot speed and Chuck Daly coached pure man to man. No switching, no rotating. If your man beat you it was curtains. It was designed to keep athletic teams like the Celtics and 76'ers and Atlanta Hawks off the offensive boards and the Pistons were usually among the best at defensive rebounding.
I was a Piston's fan as a kid and loved the physicality they played with. Did the physicality cross the line at times? Absolutely but there was methodology and strategy, as you pointed out, that went with it. They knew exactly what they wanted to do defensively and every player bought into it.

I was a Piston's fan as a kid and loved the physicality they played with. Did the physicality cross the line at times? Absolutely but there was methodology and strategy, as you pointed out, that went with it. They knew exactly what they wanted to do defensively and every player bought into it.
They had to. Like I noted it was hand to hand combat. Very seldom they did rotate and go to scramble mode. They stayed home and boxed out.

When the Atlanta Hawks had Kevin Willis, Antoine Carr, Cliff Levingston and Dominique Wilkins it was probably the most athletic front court in the history of the NBA.

15 points in 16 minutes vs Rockets last night. Not too shabby. Had a nice assist from the high post and showed great footwork and patience to get off a seventeen foot fadeaway. Tyler Cook had some productive minutes as well.

Luka's +/- was negative six in a game where the team lost by twenty so that wasn't too bad either.