Garza - Any Updates

So glad Garza is back to practicing. Even if he's not able to play 25 plus mins at the start of the year having him back will be a huge impact on what we do.

He looks good in that clip - still looks late coming on defense tho... small clip I know. Just making sure ya'll know I am not pumpin sunshine :)

Excuse me. Did you mention Duke, Northside.....?

Well, Duke has 2 incoming freshmen who might make the All American team. One of them, R J Barrett is projected as the first pick in next Summer's NBA Draft.....

Zion Williamson is the other one who looks like a top five, first round pick in next Summer's NBA Draft. He reminds me of Miles Bridges and seems to be better before playing an official college basketball game. He is a Savage Beast.....

They also have incoming freshman Cameron Reddish who normally would be the top freshman in the country and is projected to be a top-five NBA Draft Pick next Summer.....

Might have to put a few dollars on Duke to win it all next March.....

https://deadspin.com/it-is-truly-si...tter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2018-08-18

Damn

F...

There go our aspirations for a National Championship this season

:cool:
Yeah the rest of the ACC is playing for 2nd place... Safest bet in NCAA would be penciling Duke in the final 4 I'd say if not the whole thing

Yeah the rest of the ACC is playing for 2nd place... Safest bet in NCAA would be penciling Duke in the final 4 I'd say if not the whole thing
As long as they play basketball and don't read their press clippings. Kentucky had a similiar team in 2015 and Wisconsin shot them down in the National Semis! It can happen.

As long as they play basketball and don't read their press clippings. Kentucky had a similiar team in 2015 and Wisconsin shot them down in the National Semis! It can happen.
True. Biggest difference is this is coach K not Calipari... When coach K has a stacked team he usually takes care of business.

And then 5 years from now we're going to find out coach K paid Zion $250,000 to play at Duke. Coach K will deny any knowledge and the NCAA will spend 27 years investigating before dropping the case.

And then 5 years from now we're going to find out coach K paid Zion $250,000 to play at Duke. Coach K will deny any knowledge and the NCAA will spend 27 years investigating before dropping the case.
By which time he'll be long gone retired or dead... But yeah how they aren't investigating Duke for raking in him and that class is beyond me. It was just aired in open court what all Zion was asking for from schools that didn't get him. Only makes you wonder what he ended up getting from the school that won the bidding. Can any reporters go see what car he's taking to and from practice? See what home his folks are living in and if they've recently upgraded... It's so dumb how it takes years and years to look for what can be seen in the moment if you'd just look

By which time he'll be long gone retired or dead... But yeah how they aren't investigating Duke for raking in him and that class is beyond me. It was just aired in open court what all Zion was asking for from schools that didn't get him. Only makes you wonder what he ended up getting from the school that won the bidding. Can any reporters go see what car he's taking to and from practice? See what home his folks are living in and if they've recently upgraded... It's so dumb how it takes years and years to look for what can be seen in the moment if you'd just look

See Bush, Reggie.

See Bush, Reggie.
Yup his folks had themselves a nice place. I may be wrong about this but I thought Lebron when he was in HS was seen driving around in new Hummers and whatnot. I don't know if that shoulda affected his eligibility his senior year or whatever. But I don't remember it ever being looked into what all he may have been getting while he was still in HS. If it was shoe companies colleges or whatever. It seemed to be such a forgone thing he was going strait to the pros that I can't believe colleges may have been throwing $ at him but who knows.

Great to see him healthy again. I would imagine his vertical leap should be off the charts now that 9 pound balling ball is gone. ;)

Here's a guy who Garza may be guarding against Oregon ...

That skill set for a guy that long is just stupid. Wasn't he from the KC/Emporia Kansas ball park? I was kinda surprised when Kansas didn't get him. Kid is a freak. I have a feeling his recruitment wasn't all exactly done above board.... Based on nothing just a hunch

That skill set for a guy that long is just stupid. Wasn't he from the KC/Emporia Kansas ball park? I was kinda surprised when Kansas didn't get him. Kid is a freak. I have a feeling his recruitment wasn't all exactly done above board.... Based on nothing just a hunch

Agreed, that kind of skill set for a 7'2" player is crazy stupid. Defending him down low is going to be hard enough for pretty much all teams at the college level, yet alone trying to defend the 3. Just dumb. 1 and done needs to go away completely.

Agreed, that kind of skill set for a 7'2" player is crazy stupid. Defending him down low is going to be hard enough for pretty much all teams at the college level, yet alone trying to defend the 3. Just dumb. 1 and done needs to go away completely.

only 1 way to guard a guy like that- try to deny him the ball as much as possible!

only 1 way to guard a guy like that- try to deny him the ball as much as possible!
The question is can he play defense. Garza, Cook, and a couple of other hawkeyes should be able to put him in foul trouble if the coaching staff has a game plan for it. I can see Garza getting him into foul trouble.

The question is can he play defense. Garza, Cook, and a couple of other hawkeyes should be able to put him in foul trouble if the coaching staff has a game plan for it. I can see Garza getting him into foul trouble.
That's probably our best hope. Get two quick ones on him and he can't do much damage from the bench... If he's as good as his old man was at blocking shots though.....

By which time he'll be long gone retired or dead... But yeah how they aren't investigating Duke for raking in him and that class is beyond me. It was just aired in open court what all Zion was asking for from schools that didn't get him. Only makes you wonder what he ended up getting from the school that won the bidding.
Yeah, pretending Duke didn't pay him is like me saying I have an offer for my car from a buyer willing to pay $20,000 but I decided to give it to another buyer for free.

Yeah, pretending Duke didn't pay him is like me saying I have an offer for my car from a buyer willing to pay $20,000 but I decided to give it to another buyer for free.
Exactly... Yet is anyone even hinting at the NCAA investigating Duke and coach K?.... Nope crickets on that and I suspect their won't be.

That's probably our best hope. Get two quick ones on him and he can't do much damage from the bench... If he's as good as his old man was at blocking shots though.....

not sure if Garza is in good enough physical shape to do that. I would guess he'd b in worse shape than Bol.

not sure if Garza is in good enough physical shape to do that. I would guess he'd b in worse shape than Bol.
It wouldn't have to necessarily be Garza that draws the fouls. Be it someone else penetrating and Bol helping too kinda thing. I dunno it'll be interesting to watch either way