Garza - Any Updates

But our RPI Dean! Never mind they are no longer using that metric, but WHAR RPI!

Conference schedule expands by two additional games, so we get those, two less scrubs and still the malcontents scream and scream. It is crazy. Heck I'm not even part of the Fran kool aid brigade, and I can see the schedule is better this year.

Conference schedule expands by two additional games, so we get those, two less scrubs and still the malcontents scream and scream. It is crazy. Heck I'm not even part of the Fran kool aid brigade, and I can see the schedule is better this year.

exactly - people are pissed about Bryant and Western Carolina in the OOC but what they fail to realize is that Iowa would have had 2 more of those types of games most years, but instead have replaced them with B1G opponents. Iowa's SOS won't be an issue probably any season with a 20 game conference schedule, I think that was kind of the point.

I don't recall anyone complaining about our RPI last year. Hopefully we're good enough to have our RPI (or whatever it is) be a factor.

You don't? I do, but it probably wasn't nearly as loud as the complaints about the team sucking, which was a much bigger problem. Fans complain about it every season because Fran books anchors, and I get that and I agree with that, i wish he wouldn't - but really, expanding to 20 game conference seasons kind of changes things. They took out 2 anchors and replaced them with B1G opponents. That's a step in the right direction and Iowa has to fill its home slate - it's not going to do home and aways (what any team worth a shit would want) with their remaining OOC home dates.

Sure hope he comes back sooner than later.. But I want him at 100% whenever that is. What a key player he's going to be. I'm so hopeful that he continues to elevate and improve on his game. He's got a pretty high ceiling and others around hims games will be better with him in there.

Yeah, I'll never understand those that complain about the schedule. Oregon, Syracuse/Ucon, Pitt (well maybe not tough here) Wisconsin, MSU and ISU all in the first month of the schedule.
I assume they are complaining about the home schedule, for paid viewing entertainment. But maybe not. Only 3 of those tough games will be @ Carver. That's still half. Nothing to complain about as far as I'm concerned.

You don't? I do, but it probably wasn't nearly as loud as the complaints about the team sucking, which was a much bigger problem. Fans complain about it every season because Fran books anchors, and I get that and I agree with that, i wish he wouldn't - but really, expanding to 20 game conference seasons kind of changes things. They took out 2 anchors and replaced them with B1G opponents. That's a step in the right direction and Iowa has to fill its home slate - it's not going to do home and aways (what any team worth a shit would want) with their remaining OOC home dates.
I really don't, because it was a non-factor. Not saying it didn't happen, I just don't remember it.

Yeah, I'll never understand those that complain about the schedule. Oregon, Syracuse/Ucon, Pitt (well maybe not tough here) Wisconsin, MSU and ISU all in the first month of the schedule.

win 3 & you got national attention!

Beating Connie, PITT and Uconn might not be all that great of an accomplishment. Connie and Pitt are @ home and UConn won the same amount of games that we did last year.

I think Wisconsin will be a lot better this year. I like the guys they have coming in and coming back from injury.

Maybe. If Bo Ryan was there, I'd agree.
In the critical stat of games that have been decided by six points or less, Greg Gard is 16-16. His old boss, like we talked about last spring, was 84-55 (604).

King, Trice and Davidson should be healthy and ready to go, but the jury is still out on Gard. Those are big shoes to fill. He has a big time player coming on the horizon in his backyard, 6'8" junior Jalen Johnson out of Sun Prairie. Can Greg land him?

Buy the way, there is a coach who is 22-49 ( 309) in games that fall under the previously mentioned criteria. Anyone want to guess who he is?

In the critical stat of games that have been decided by six points or less, Greg Gard is 16-16. His old boss, like we talked about last spring, was 84-55 (604).

King, Trice and Davidson should be healthy and ready to go, but the jury is still out on Gard. Those are big shoes to fill. He has a big time player coming on the horizon in his backyard, 6'8" junior Jalen Johnson out of Sun Prairie. Can Greg land him?

Buy the way, there is a coach who is 22-49 ( 309) in games that fall under the previously mentioned criteria. Anyone want to guess who he is?
Johnson isn't going to Wisconsin.

He looks much better. His stomach looks normal. Not all distended. Good for him. Glad he's healthy. More important things in life than basketball.
He could really make things easier for Cook on the front line if he is good to go for the opening game, the way Street used to complement Earl so well.

This is certainly good news

Hope he is ready to play when the season begins

Don't want him risking injury or complications from the drastic operation

He was projected to get back sometime this winter, I believe

Good news on the surface

:cool:

And now it looks like he's transferred from Sun Prairie to play in the Milwaukee area. His offer list includes the usual suspects like Duke, Kansas and Kentucky.

Excuse me. Did you mention Duke, Northside.....?

Well, Duke has 2 incoming freshmen who might make the All American team. One of them, R J Barrett is projected as the first pick in next Summer's NBA Draft.....

Zion Williamson is the other one who looks like a top five, first round pick in next Summer's NBA Draft. He reminds me of Miles Bridges and seems to be better before playing an official college basketball game. He is a Savage Beast.....

They also have incoming freshman Cameron Reddish who normally would be the top freshman in the country and is projected to be a top-five NBA Draft Pick next Summer.....

Might have to put a few dollars on Duke to win it all next March.....

https://deadspin.com/it-is-truly-si...tter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2018-08-18

Damn

F...

There go our aspirations for a National Championship this season

:cool: