Garza - Any Updates

I hope Garza learns from all the things he is going through that he shouldn't take the fans seriously. Most basketball fans care about winning more than the players, coaches, or anything else.

I see Final 4 potential there.
tenor.gif

Looks like he won't be ready to start the season, which is now less than six weeks away! That's a tremendous opportunity for Kreiner, Pemsl and Nunge. One will start for sure and all three will get good minutes.

Luke will be full of fire and fury when he finally returns, ready and raring to go. I pity the competition. As Northside says this will give Kiener, Pemsl, and Nunge a lot of actual game experience. We really could use him in the pre-conference games, especially the first two weeks or so.....

November 15, we play Oregon In NYC

November 16, we play Syracuse or Connecticut In NYC

November 21, Alabama State @ Carver

November 27, Pittsburgh @ Carver

November 30, Wisconsin @ Carver

And the Killer.....

December 3 @ Michigan State

Then.....

December 6, Iowa State @ Carver

Rather tough start for the season.....

We will know a lot about this team after playing that schedule. Brutal.....

:cool:

Luke will be full of fire and fury when he finally returns, ready and raring to go. I pity the competition. As Northside says this will give Kiener, Pemsl, and Nunge a lot of actual game experience. We really could use him in the pre-conference games, especially the first two weeks or so.....

November 15, we play Oregon In NYC

November 16, we play Syracuse or Connecticut In NYC

November 21, Alabama State @ Carver

November 27, Pittsburgh @ Carver

November 30, Wisconsin @ Carver

And the Killer.....

December 3 @ Michigan State

Then.....

December 6, Iowa State @ Carver

Rather tough start for the season.....

We will know a lot about this team after playing that schedule. Brutal.....

:cool:

Yeah, I'll never understand those that complain about the schedule. Oregon, Syracuse/Ucon, Pitt (well maybe not tough here) Wisconsin, MSU and ISU all in the first month of the schedule.

Yeah, I'll never understand those that complain about the schedule. Oregon, Syracuse/Ucon, Pitt (well maybe not tough here) Wisconsin, MSU and ISU all in the first month of the schedule.

But our RPI Dean! Never mind they are no longer using that metric, but WHAR RPI!

I honestly think that Garza is one player we can afford to go without early in the season and may actually benefit from his absence. Getting Pemsl, Kriener, and Nunge in there will benefit the team. I think Kriener can be a Garza clone and Nunge could be a change of pace guy. Pemsl is an unknown depending on how he's decided to retool his game. The way Garza is wired though, he'll be ready to go the day he's cleared. If I had to guess, they're probably just checking that his surgical wound had fully healed before clearing him. For people I've known with appendectomy's, it has been around 4-6 weeks before being cleared for lifting/full speed. Given this was a bit more extensive than that, maybe 6-12 weeks? That would have him back in the lineup either within the first few games or December at the latest.

I actually think having some Big 10 games in early December really lessens the need for good noncon games. If you don't start the conf play until Jan 1st and you don't play anybody good until then, it's easy to tune out the entire first 2 months of the basketball season. Not an issue with the early games.

UConn and Pitt will be absolutely horrible though if those are two teams you play. P5 sure, but they would be bad losses.