Gary-Barta@uiowa.edu

1-800 IA-HAWKS

Ticket office. When they send your renewal next year, call them and tell them to pound sand. I made the decision months ago after watching Rudock and Davis narrowly outscheme the mighty Ball State Ballers. Just quit going to the games. This is not worth the criminally high cost of tickets, folks. Wake up.

Dear Mr Barta:

If Kirk Ferentz coaches another game after this year, in all due respect, your job should be on the line. I traveled to IC for three games this year from Kansas City after giving up season tickets several years back. However, this conservative, play not to lose style has run it's course. I cannot in good conscious support Iowa football if you do not make a head coaching change. I appreciate all Coach Ferentz has done for the program, but his time is over!

****this was my sent email.****

Dear Mr Barta:

If Kirk Ferentz coaches another game after this year, in all due respect, your job should be on the line. I traveled to IC for three games this year from Kansas City after giving up season tickets several years back. However, this conservative, play not to lose style has run it's course. I cannot in good conscious support Iowa football if you do not make a head coaching change. I appreciate all Coach Ferentz has done for the program, but his time is over!

****this was my sent email.****

Dear ForeverHawk:

As a Hawkeye fan myself, I understand your frustration with the outcome of Saturday's game [typo left over from standard form letter]. Coach Ferentz is a great human being and has had Iowa bowl eligible for 12 of the past 13 years [number not updated to 13/14]. We are looking forward to another great bowl matchup this year and hope that you will join the Hawkeyes wherever they go. Thanks for being a part of the Hawkeye Family.

All the Best,

Gar

1-800 IA-HAWKS

Ticket office. When they send your renewal next year, call them and tell them to pound sand. I made the decision months ago after watching Rudock and Davis narrowly outscheme the mighty Ball State Ballers. Just quit going to the games. This is not worth the criminally high cost of tickets, folks. Wake up.

This is the correct answer.

Dear ForeverHawk:

As a Hawkeye fan myself, I understand your frustration with the outcome of Saturday's game [typo left over from standard form letter]. Coach Ferentz is a great human being and has had Iowa bowl eligible for 12 of the past 13 years [number not updated to 13/14]. We are looking forward to another great bowl matchup this year and hope that you will join the Hawkeyes wherever they go. Thanks for being a part of the Hawkeye Family.

All the Best,

Gar

Dear Gar:

Oh OK! Thanks for your consideration. Can't wait for next season! Just kidding about Ferentz. Go Hawks!

Regards,

Most Iowa Fans

Dear Mr. Barta:

"If we can consistently be in the middle of the pack or higher, in any given year we have a chance to win a championship," Iowa Athletics Director Gary Barta said. "So that's our goal for every program, to get them to that point where every year they're in the middle or higher in the Big Ten."

Gary, I thought the whole point was to consistently compete for Big Ten Championships? That's what you said you you took the job?

Isn't happening. You set expectation this low, you get you deserve. It's time for both you and Ferentz to go. We're definitely in the middle. If you were a CEO of a company you would be fired for even saying something like this.

Dear Hawk fan,
Thank you for your recent email concerning the football program. We've taken note of your concerns and will share them with the appropriate parties in the near future. Rest assured that we in the athletic department are working tirelessly to make sure all our athletic programs are as successful as they can be. We know that Hawkeye fans are the key to that success!

Be on the lookout for an announcement concerning our upcoming bowl trip. Tickets will go fast so be sure to get yours ASAP.

Happy holidays and thanks again for your continued support of Hawkeye athletics. Go Hawks!

Sincerely,
Assistant to the under-secretary of the athletic director

Dear Mr. Barta:

"If we can consistently be in the middle of the pack or higher, in any given year we have a chance to win a championship," Iowa Athletics Director Gary Barta said. "So that's our goal for every program, to get them to that point where every year they're in the middle or higher in the Big Ten."

Gary, I thought the whole point was to consistently compete for Big Ten Championships? That's what you said you you took the job?

Isn't happening. You set expectation this low, you get you deserve. It's time for both you and Ferentz to go. We're definitely in the middle. If you were a CEO of a company you would be fired for even saying something like this.

Unfortunately this is not true about CEOs. Should be but not.

I'm sure some member of the Ferentz family (son, son-in-law, nephew, cousin, etc.) censors barta's messages before he could read them anyway.

I havent sent it yet. If ya guys see anything ill fix first....

Gary

Most of us true fans realize the job you have is not easy in any way but the issue of our football program is not just about one person, Kirk Ferentz.
We all realize his integrity and the good things the Iowa football program has done in the past. However, there seems to be major disconnects with all kinds of situations including time management and player/team talent. Iowa is 7-9 against Iowa state under Kirk. In my opinion that is unacceptable. Not only that but the inability to "step on the throat" of opponents that are far less superior in talent and resources. Ball State, ISU, UNI etc.
Talent? The play it safe strategy shows with our QB play. Everyone knows the backup has far more talent and can do things the starter can't. Nothing against Jake. But if the goal is to win and win consistently why do these things take place? Some say certain players give Iowa the best chance to win than why isn't it happening?
Like I said there is many major disconnects in the program and something needs to be done about it. Please hear the fans' thoughts and concerns before it gets even worse.
The mediocrity is unacceptable. Nebraska firing Pelini and Iowa doing nothing proves this. No it's not "just football."
The 7-5 and 8-4 seasons are not good enough for the amount of money Kirk makes. The fanbase deserves better. Sometimes it is time to move on. Like Mack Brown.

Hawksky - The other coaches making 4 million are being expected to compete for "National" Championships.

Iowa was only blocking an ISU field goal and returning it for a touchdown away from winning the State championship. Thank you for your continued support. Coach has reassured me that Iowa would also beat Dowling, so we are happy with where the program stands now.

Gary

Most of us true fans realize the job you have is not easy in any way but the issue of our football program is not just about one person, Kirk Ferentz.
We all realize his integrity and the good things the Iowa football program has done in the past. However, there seems to be major disconnects with all kinds of situations including time management and player/team talent. Iowa is 7-9 against Iowa state under Kirk. In my opinion that is unacceptable. Not only that but the inability to "step on the throat" of opponents that are far less superior in talent and resources. Ball State, ISU, UNI etc.
Talent? The play it safe strategy shows with our QB play. Everyone knows the backup has far more talent and can do things the starter can't. Nothing against Jake. But if the goal is to win and win consistently why do these things take place? Some say certain players give Iowa the best chance to win than why isn't it happening?
Like I said there is many major disconnects in the program and something needs to be done about it. Please hear the fans' thoughts and concerns before it gets even worse.
The mediocrity is unacceptable. Nebraska firing Pelini and Iowa doing nothing proves this. No it's not "just football."
The 7-5 and 8-4 seasons are not good enough for the amount of money Kirk makes. The fanbase deserves better. Sometimes it is time to move on. Like Mack Brown.

Sounds good. I'd make only one suggestion. Send this instead: Mr. Barta, you have absolutely no support from Iowa fans for boxing us into a corner with coaches buyout. You need to find a way to buy him out, now, or the fans will be sending emails to Ms. Mason about the last place Iowa Athletics Department. It is all up to you.

Gary

I liked the part that included the word "integrity". Good use of sarcasm.

It won't do you any good. I've sent him several emails. I've also sent copies of the Director's Cup standings to Sally mason and the Board of Trustees, asking them what they thought Gary Barta actually did with his work day. Crickets. Barta is content allowing the fan base to be ****** and watch attendance erode before he's forced to do anything. Just like basketball. He's the worst. The absolute worst.