Gary-Barta@uiowa.edu

1-800 IA-HAWKS

Ticket office. When they send your renewal next year, call them and tell them to pound sand. I made the decision months ago after watching Rudock and Davis narrowly outscheme the mighty Ball State Ballers. Just quit going to the games. This is not worth the criminally high cost of tickets, folks. Wake up.

This seems like a logical post. Would the person who put the thumbs down please explain why you did that? Thanks.

I havent sent it yet. If ya guys see anything ill fix first....

Gary

Most of us true fans realize the job you have is not easy in any way but the issue of our football program is not just about one person, Kirk Ferentz.
We all realize his integrity and the good things the Iowa football program has done in the past. However, there seems to be major disconnects with all kinds of situations including time management and player/team talent. Iowa is 7-9 against Iowa state under Kirk. In my opinion that is unacceptable. Not only that but the inability to "step on the throat" of opponents that are far less superior in talent and resources. Ball State, ISU, UNI etc.
Talent? The play it safe strategy shows with our QB play. Everyone knows the backup has far more talent and can do things the starter can't. Nothing against Jake. But if the goal is to win and win consistently why do these things take place? Some say certain players give Iowa the best chance to win than why isn't it happening?
Like I said there is many major disconnects in the program and something needs to be done about it. Please hear the fans' thoughts and concerns before it gets even worse.
The mediocrity is unacceptable. Nebraska firing Pelini and Iowa doing nothing proves this. No it's not "just football."
The 7-5 and 8-4 seasons are not good enough for the amount of money Kirk makes. The fanbase deserves better. Sometimes it is time to move on. Like Mack Brown.

I would say "Most fans". "most of us true fans" makes it sound too emotional.

You guys are going about it all wrong. Those emails directly to Barta is only going to fall on deaf ears. These emails have to go to the Hawkeye athletics big money donors. It's the only way anything will get done prior to the 2018 season (yes I know KF contract is thru 2020)

You guys are going about it all wrong. Those emails directly to Barta is only going to fall on deaf ears. These emails have to go to the Hawkeye athletics big money donors. It's the only way anything will get done prior to the 2018 season (yes I know KF contract is thru 2020)
Wish we had their emails

"Thank you Hawks fans for your recent barrage of e-mails. I have been with family out of town on Thanksgiving, and I'm not expected back til after the first of the year...or until we're done with our recent acceptance to the In your Face Bowl. At that time I will be more than happy to respond in a more civil tone. Until then, did I mention we're going bowling? Exciting times in Iowa City. Thanks again for your email, and Go Hawks."

Signed Gary Barta

Latest posts