Garmon

FYI - not sure how much there is to this but my son graduated with Andre Dawson from CR Washington and he tweeted that he is heading to the Hawks.

you do know he can be a H-back,weighs about the same as Greene as well as being about the same height
Rogers 5'10 230 lbs
Green 5'11 235 lbs
what do you have to say now @sshole
before being a total *** about an opinion check before you critizes

Rogers has run from the tailback spot before against Ball State in 2010. He did very well, faster than coker then at least. If rogers is in a one back offense a lot he can be a better pass blocker than other rbs and still run the ball well.

I think rogers may get a chance to carry the ball next year more than many think and catch balls out of backfield.

you do know he can be a H-back,weighs about the same as Greene as well as being about the same heightRogers 5'10 230 lbsGreen 5'11 235 lbswhat do you have to say now @ssholebefore being a total *** about an opinion check before you critizes

Jeeeeez, Herbicide droppin bombs

i am not going to do a search function every time i do a post, if its not on the front page, i am not going to go back 10-15 pages to see if was posted or asked in another post
in other words FO

there is a very good chance he starts, it would not be that hard to for him to do it.
Wegher didn't start but got 146 carries as a true freshmen splitting time with ARob a RS fr who got 167 carries, Coker as a true freshmen got 114 in 7 games after a broken colarbone sidelined him, then he started in the bowl game. again ARob got 203 carries
this stand to reason he has a very good chance to start if he is has good as advertised. then you factor in there is no proven or battled tested starter in front of him

Oh. My. Gawd! :eek:

Are those periods that I see!?!!??! herby, you just made my day!

Btw, I think that Garmon probably starts, or at least is in the mix a lot. Also depends on how well the other backs come along and progress too. I have high hopes for Canzeri.

I just hope
that he can come
in and
contribute
I don't know if
he is going to start right
away
but I do think he could be
very good
his running style fits
our zone blocking
very well

you know i have never wished ill on anybody. but in your case i truly hope you suffer a stroke and know what i am going thru

you know i have never wished ill on anybody. but in your case i truly hope you suffer a stroke and know what i am going thru

Well since you wished a stroke on me, maybe you'll have "another" one and it will correct all the issues that you have.

you don't have to go back too far in iowa history to see what a true freshman and a redshirt freshman playing RB can do in that position......
Wegher didnt sniff the backfield against UNI in 2009. His first carries came the following week in Ames and I believe those were after the outcome had already been decided. And a redshirt freshman RB has nothing to do with my post. McCall seems to be the only true freshman RB to get meaningful snaps in the opener in quite a while. And those only came because we were playing in a monsoon and Coker couldnt hold onto the ball.

I believe this to be untrue about McCall. He was in for the series that was most likely in the game plan. Unfortunately he got hurt. Same with Purdue, unfortunately he fumbled inside the red zone. Now he gone. If the staff thinks Garmon can play, he will play. Especially with Coker gone.

you do know he can be a H-back,weighs about the same as Greene as well as being about the same heightRogers 5'10 230 lbsGreen 5'11 235 lbswhat do you have to say now @ssholebefore being a total *** about an opinion check before you critizes

I don't see Rogers getting double digit carries unless another FB shows up. He is here to serve a purpose and that is to blow people up. Regardless, I doubt he cares and is just happy to be playing after what he has been through. I do hope they work him in more because he can catch and run.

we do have another fullback on the roster. 2 in fact; Gimm was the starter til Rogers got cleared to play. and then we have the tranfer from Air Force who will be elgible to play this fall. 6'3 Gimm blocking for Rogers wouldn't be that bad of a combo

we do have another fullback on the roster. 2 in fact; Gimm was the starter til Rogers got cleared to play. and then we have the tranfer from Air Force who will be elgible to play this fall. 6'3 Gimm blocking for Rogers wouldn't be that bad of a combo

I understand we have multiple players at the position and was not saying he was the only FB on the roster. Brad is our best option at the position, if another FB with Brad at TB are the best combo, great. I don't know much about the Air Force transfer, but if Gimm doesn't make significant progress, I don't see that scenario surfacing.

I don't see Rogers getting double digit carries unless another FB shows up. He is here to serve a purpose and that is to blow people up. Regardless, I doubt he cares and is just happy to be playing after what he has been through. I do hope they work him in more because he can catch and run.
Hopefully Mr. Weisman can be that man.

I understand we have multiple players at the position and was not saying he was the only FB on the roster. Brad is our best option at the position, if another FB with Brad at TB are the best combo, great. I don't know much about the Air Force transfer, but if Gimm doesn't make significant progress, I don't see that scenario surfacing.

So now you want Gimm at fb? smdh

i am not going to do a search function every time i do a post, if its not on the front page, i am not going to go back 10-15 pages to see if was posted or asked in another postin other words FO

The point is you make a statement in a thread then start a new thread saying the same sh!t

rogers is a full time fb now. he got carries at rb when he was still #2 as fb because of morse. we have seen that our other fbs are terrible so he is there. our rb depth is canzeri, johnson, garmon, and dawson (as i see it right now). the one who picks up the blocking and 1 cut running the best will get the most carries.

prediction
1) johnson - finally shines 15 carries a game
2) canzeri - good change of pace 5-10 offensive touches (carries or catches)
3) dawson and garmon - each show some solid ability with a combined 5 carries a game.
4) rogers - used for more dives and in the flat as a pass catcher. something we havent used our fb for in awhile.

really hoping johnson comes into his own as i think he has the power and speed that we would like to see.

gotta give some herbalove, the AF FB xfer could very well play into this and free up rodgers to tote the rock.

gotta give some herbalove, the AF FB xfer could very well play into this and free up rodgers to tote the rock.

Latest posts