Garmon

herbyhawk

Banned
there is a very good chance he starts, it would not be that hard to for him to do it.
Wegher didn't start but got 146 carries as a true freshmen splitting time with ARob a RS fr who got 167 carries, Coker as a true freshmen got 114 in 7 games after a broken colarbone sidelined him, then he started in the bowl game. again ARob got 203 carries
this stand to reason he has a very good chance to start if he is has good as advertised. then you factor in there is no proven or battled tested starter in front of him

I think the good thing is that the team will probably be using 2-3 backs next as opposed to one, which hopefully means they aren't getting worn down in the 4th quarter

I think we all need to take a step back. I have seen projections of him running for 1,000 yards next year and over 5,000 for his career and piling up records. I'm very high on his talents, but he needs to get to campus first and get acclimated. I don't think this needs to become another McCall is the greatest type of deal, with 9 less carries against Tenn Tech.

I cant wait to see how many posters on here are going to lose their minds when the depth chart is released for the Northern Illinois game and it reads something like this:

RB: Canzeri, Johnson

Whar Garmon? Whar true freshman running back who has only had 4 weeks of camp/practice to learn playbook/blocking schemes?

my expectation of him are 600-700 yards on a avg of 15 carries a game, with Rodger getting 10-12 carries as the 2ndary ball carrier, with Canzeri or whoever get the 2nd string rb duties nothing earth shattering

my expectation of him are 600-700 yards on a avg of 15 carries a game, with Rodger getting 10-12 carries as the 2ndary ball carrier, with Canzeri or whoever get the 2nd string rb duties nothing earth shattering

What it the world makes you think Rogers is going to get 10-12 carries per game? Was it his extensive amount of carries in the Insight bowl? he might get 10-12 all year.

I cant wait to see how many posters on here are going to lose their minds when the depth chart is released for the Northern Illinois game and it reads something like this:

RB: Canzeri, Johnson

Whar Garmon? Whar true freshman running back who has only had 4 weeks of camp/practice to learn playbook/blocking schemes?

you don't have to go back too far in iowa history to see what a true freshman and a redshirt freshman playing RB can do in that position......

you don't have to go back too far in iowa history to see what a true freshman and a redshirt freshman playing RB can do in that position......

Wegher didnt sniff the backfield against UNI in 2009. His first carries came the following week in Ames and I believe those were after the outcome had already been decided. And a redshirt freshman RB has nothing to do with my post.

McCall seems to be the only true freshman RB to get meaningful snaps in the opener in quite a while. And those only came because we were playing in a monsoon and Coker couldnt hold onto the ball.

So by this math, im assuming we play 13 games next year, you are expecting Garmon to average about 3.5 yards per carry? That is not that good.

13 games x 15 carries per game= 195 carries

700 yards/195 carries= 3.59 yards per carry

Wegher didnt sniff the backfield against UNI in 2009. His first carries came the following week in Ames and I believe those were after the outcome had already been decided. And a redshirt freshman RB has nothing to do with my post.

McCall seems to be the only true freshman RB to get meaningful snaps in the opener in quite a while. And those only came because we were playing in a monsoon and Coker couldnt hold onto the ball.

watch this as a fun reminder of when he (wegher) played in the isu game....(first view of him in the game was iowa 7, isu 3......and he was the leading rusher for iowa - 15 for 101

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m9TD9-m5Z8&feature=fvsr]Iowa vs Iowa State - Sept 12, 2009 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Herb, there are numerous threads about Garmon, including one started 2 days ago about the EXACT same thing that you already commented in twice! Why not comment again in that same thread? What gives? Are you hard up for attention? Why do continue to start threads about things that have already been discussed or are currently being discussed in other threads? Don't know how to use the search function? What? You are quickly becoming one of the most annoying posters on here.

Herb, there are numerous threads about Garmon, including one started 2 days ago about the EXACT same thing that you already commented in twice! Why not comment again in that same thread? What gives? Are you hard up for attention? Why do continue to start threads about things that have already been discussed or are currently being discussed in other threads? Don't know how to use the search function? What? You are quickly becoming one of the most annoying posters on here.

haha...spot on

My bad on that one, and I said "I believe" in my post. Wasnt completely sure.

true freshman rbs can shine. that being said, iowa had a great team in 2009 - the better team you have i suppose makes it easier for a true frosh to shine.......

glad you brought it up! enjoyed watching that video.....

didn't see it being mentioned anywhere or on any board.
maybe you would care to bring up the thread where this was brought up before?
as for Rogers he is the most experience back we have, that's why i think he could get those carries
and my expectations for Garmon are low, he could be a stud and put up big #'s as other highly rated recruits do at other schools
if he gets 5 ypc and avg's 15 carries pg he could get 900 yards in 12 games
everybody expected McCall to be the next great RB over coker and he was not as highly regarded as either Coker or Garmon coming in

Last edited:
Iowa/Rogers is not going to instantly become Purde/Alstott. He may get a few touches a game, but 10-12? NO WAY. A FB run is too predictable, and doing it that many times is not smart coaching.

didn't see it being mentioned anywhere or on any board.
maybe you would care to bring up the thread where this was brought up before?
as for Rogers he is the most experience back we have, that's why i think he could get those carries
and my expectations for Garmon are low, he could be a stud and put up big #'s as other highly rated recruits do at other schools
if he gets 5 ypc and avg's 15 carries pg he could get 900 yards in 12 games
everybody expected McCall to be the next great RB over coker and he was not as highly regarded as either Coker or Garmon coming in

Jeezus, Herb. Try the SEARCH function.

http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/football/40791-does-garmon-redshirt.html

http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/football/40720-greg-garmon.html

You commented twice in the second thread. Do you even read the threads you are in, or just post whatever comes to your mind at that point?

Jeezus, Herb. Try the SEARCH function.

http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/football/40791-does-garmon-redshirt.html

http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/football/40720-greg-garmon.html

You commented twice in the second thread. Do you even read the threads you are in, or just post whatever comes to your mind at that point?

I like French fries
But i eated a boaked potatoe for lunch
I think curly fries are better when they get 10-12 carries a game
if I get french fries though, they have been in the system longer and more trustworthy
Donkeys.

Latest posts