Game Tuesday night not on BTN??

The B10N is failing to satisfy coverage. I was excited to see the B10N coming on board, but at least during the ESPN Gameplan days we didn't miss nearly as many games and I don't mind paying for them.
Even with football... why in the world would they not have 3 game$ tiled up on $aturday$? It should be back to back football games all day. The B10N needs to place into the contract that all games will either be on national television or capable of streaming on the B10N.Com Bottom Line: Fans should not have to miss games due to the inability of cable companies to get along.

Drake controlled who showed this game. BTN had nothing to do with it.

Pre-BTN, Iowa was lacking national coverage...Iowa was missing out on 49-state's worth of Iowa fans seeing games.

You guys do realize this is only the 2nd game that the BTN isn't showing the game that they had the television rights for? The other games were road games or neutral court games that the BTN had no control over.

So carry on and continue to blame the BTN and make yourself look foolishly if you want about how every game used to be on TV before the BTN.

Last edited:
You guys do realize this is only the 2nd game that the BTN isn't showing the game that they had the television rights for? The other games were road games or neutral court games that the BTN had no control over.

So carry on and continue to blame the BTN and make yourself look foolishly if you want about how every game used to be on TV before the BTN.

I don't think that's the point. People are all ready paying to get the BTN through their cable or satellite package; they shouldn't have to pay extra to watch the game on the BTN website.

Unless the BTN has some other programming on Tuesday night, the game should be on the network airwaves.

Yes, I understand that it's the last time that will happen this year.

I don't think that's the point. People are all ready paying to get the BTN through their cable or satellite package; they shouldn't have to pay extra to watch the game on the BTN website.

Unless the BTN has some other programming on Tuesday night, the game should be on the network airwaves.

Yes, I understand that it's the last time that will happen this year.

They are showing Purdue at 6:30 and Ohio St at 8:30.

And I'm sorry, but one team is ranked 2nd in the country and the other is ranked in the top 20 so I can't fault them for showing these two teams over a 6-5 team.

They are showing Purdue at 6:30 and Ohio St at 8:30.

And I'm sorry, but one team is ranked 2nd in the country and the other is ranked in the top 20 so I can't fault them for showing these two teams over a 6-5 team.

Then they need to be using their overflow channels.

And I don't want to hear any crap about how it costs more money to use the overflow channels, and it's only "worth it" for football.

Why start a network if you are either going to be A) to cheap or B) unable to afford to put the games on your overflow channels.

This is ridiculous. The streaming used to be free a couple of years ago. Why do they now need to be charging for it?

I'm tired of not being able to watch the Hawks play on TV.

So again we're at the point where the Big Ten Network is the bad guy if they don't want to lose money by using an overflow channel to show a bottom-rung Big Ten team play a crap opponent in front of 5,000 people.

But it's perfectly acceptable for fans to b**** and moan because they don't want to have to pay a few bucks to get the online streaming?

If it shouldn't be about the money, then pay for the online streaming or buy a ticket and go to the game. If it's OK for it to be about the money, then recognize how little the demand is to see Iowa and La. Tech play.

But it's perfectly acceptable for fans to b**** and moan because they don't want to have to pay a few bucks to get the online streaming?

we already paid the satellite/cable companies more money in our monthly bills to be able to see these damn games, I think we are justified in our "b1tching and moaning". What the $%^ is the point of having a big 10 network if you aren't going to show big 10 basketball games on it? If I remember correctly, their whole mission statement was "we want the people who live out of state to be able to see their favorite big 10 teams play"......mission failed.

Last edited:
we already paid the satellite/cable companies more money in our monthly bills to be able to see these damn games, I think we are justified in our "b1tching and moaning". What the $%^ is the point of having a big 10 network if you aren't going to show big 10 basketball games on it? If I remember correctly, their whole mission statement was "we want the people who live out of state to be able to see their favorite big 10 teams play"......mission failed.

Since you seem to have the mission statement handy, point out where it says you will have every single game televised. Or where the guarantee was made that by you paying the satellite/cable companies more money in your monthly bill, you would see all "these damn games". Thanks in advance.

If you're that big a fan, you can pay to see it on bigtennetwork.com. If you're not willing to pay for that, then you won't see it. It's a choice you can make, just like the BTN is choosing not to televise this game.

Would it be great to have every game televised? Sure. But I refuse to criticize the BTN for not showing crap nonconference games of the worst program in the conference. Especially when this phenomenal and rabid fan base can't manage to put more than 7,000 butts in the seats in the first place.

How is it a mission failed? People outside of Ohio and Indiana get to watch their favorite team play on Tuesday. What have you been watching if you don't think they are showing Big Ten games, last time I checked Ohio St and Purdue were still in the Big Ten and didn't move to another conference.

The sooner some of you realize the BTN wasn't created to cater to Iowa the better.

As far as the overflow channels go, they don't get good enough ratings to justify using those for basketball like they do for football. I'm glad some you guys don't run the company I work for because it would go broke and we would all be out of a job.

I know this is a baskeball forum, but I think the BTN has done just a poor job overall at covering all the sports in general. The Big Ten is competitive in sports like Volleyball (Penn State Women winning 4th straight National Championship), Softball (Michigan and Northwestern being staples in the WCWS), Baseball, etc... However, the BTN chooses to cover sports that the US in general could care less about, more than some of the mainstream sports. I wonder if they listen to viewers out there? Yes, they cover all sports and have designated days that they cover them, but why during the Fall only two nights to cover a sport like Volleyball when they play on many days of the week, but replay Football games with scores that are blowouts? It is the same with all the sports, rerun football games that happend four or five months ago instead of teams that are dominant. It is sad and quite frankly, if they are worried about losing money then the Network shouldn't have came to fruition to begin with, that is a sorry excuse. Is it the Networks fault that Iowa is in the state it is? No, but there is still no reason to not show them on an alternate channel when they take all trouble to show football on those channels...yeah Purdue and Indiana was a marquee matchup. I know we are comparing other sports to football, but I thought that was part of the reason of the BTN to get all the sports exposure. Obviously, you can't air everything live, but at least show it.
On the how I choose to not pay to watch online, some of us aren't blessed enough to have the ability to pay for each event and watch online...guess the economy didn't affect some as it did others. The auto industry was not kind to me and my company and no, I am not looking for simpathy. Not an excuse and does not say anything about my love for the Hawkeyes, it is just reality.

My frustration isn't simply that it's not on BTN, but it's not on ANY network. I watched at a buddy's house when on Mediacom Connections or whatever, but the fact that it's not on ANYWHERE is lame.

Maybe the BTN is trying to protect their brand by refusing to expose Iowa to a national audience, thus embarassing the conference and the network.

I bitched to Mediacom about the Drake game. I have mediacom phone and internet, but dropped cable for Directtv. I figured I should have the right to see the Drake game on the Internet because I am a customer. The customer service rep had no answer and I am to call back. Mediacom internet already gives you ESPN 360 so it shouldn't be that hard except if it was all about the money:) NAH

Sad that the Big10 Network will have women's basketball on and we all know ain't nobody watching that but they can't take the time to put a Iowa men's BB game on. The big 10 network is around to get the teams on air, no reason why iowa BB games are not on TV!

Latest posts