Game thread? Texas Tech

No. Not expecting Iowa to our-defend a defensive team.

Yes, TT missed open shots. So did Iowa.

Yes, TT has a sub-par night from 3. So did Iowa from free throw line.

When you have an off-night on your team’s strength then find another way to win. Iowa did. TT didn’t.

Great point. Until the very end, when TT had to foul, Iowa was going to the line far less than usual. No advantage there tonight.

Watched it, didn't comment on it until now.
Pleasantly surprised. Finally held and won with a lead. No kidding though was a little nervous at end when the full pressure was put on us. Happy Thanksgiving all!

My first look at Toussaint, reminds me of an "undeveloped" Chris Paul, which is a good thing. Gutty, quick, little bulldog. What Iowa has been missing.

Great win, to hold on and avoid a (QHC)...Quintessential Hawk Collapse. Team looks pretty tough on both ends.

Shot of the game, air ball, rebound, followed by Frederick for THREEEEEEEE....game over!

Garza, JB, well done guys and coaches!

It wouldn't surprise me if TT stumbles a bit for awhile with their young team but this win could pay dividends later. A neutral court win over a team that will likely get a lot better as the season goes.

Toussaint has a high ceiling, seems to me. First he needs to get his floor game grounded. Youthful mistakes. But he has the energy and quickness Fran’s teams have lacked.

He also has that Bronx playground mentality

He is a very tough customer and fearless to boot

Looks like he is adjusting to the pace of the game better now

Love his activity on D, he is all over the place

It wouldn't surprise me if TT stumbles a bit for awhile with their young team but this win could pay dividends later. A neutral court win over a team that will likely get a lot better as the season goes.
My first comment in this thread noted how they clearly miss Jarrett Culver from last year's team.

They need to get the point guard position shored up if they're going to go deep for the third consecutive year. And show more mental toughness.

And one more dig at the pro Tech announcers. That elbow to Garza was not as inadvertent as they were leading on.

Joe Weiskamp with his worst career half.
Cmon Joe, for Iowa to be good - you Gotta be good. Get pissed off dude!

And to think I was going to watch the three and a half hour The Irishman with my wife and grown son, expecting this to be a worse blowout than DePaul. Looks like a great movie. Fortunately about 10 minutes in my son asked, “Dad, don’t you want to watch the Hawks?”

My first comment in this thread noted how they clearly miss Jarrett Culver from last year's team.

They need to get the point guard position shored up if they're going to go deep for the third consecutive year. And show more mental toughness.

And one more dig at the pro Tech announcers. That elbow to Garza was not as inadvertent as they were leading on.

It was obviously deliberate and should have been a technical

They can't permit that style of play

Yeah that dude was great and Iowa's backcourt really outplayed their's tonight.

They're going to need to get that Ramsey back. Iowa was beating them with him but without him they look kinda like Iowa without Jbo. Just unsettled.

Latest posts