Game Story: Michigan State Edges Iowa Basketball

It was a good, hard fought game. It sort of felt like the wrong team won based upon who controlled most of the game, but Iowa had a wide open look to win the game with one of its best 3-point shooters. I think most of us would take that opportunity to steal a road game. Such is college MBB.

Barely, they played hard, but were able to escape with a W at home

We had one solid shot for the win, and a hurried rebound three attempt, and a desperate last second hook that bounced off the rim

Ulis had the game of his career

Our number one task is to somehow figures way to get the ball to Kris early in the possession where will be able to operate with space

The first half line change seriously changed the complexion of the game at the worst time

:cool:

We got a great shot at the end, this was a likely L any way you slice it, yet you have to feel better about their effort vs the TOSU game.

If we can get that type of game from Ulis more often, we're gonna be just fine rest of way. Doubt we will though and Fran will ride hot hands at the 1.

Hold serve on the next 3 at home and Iowa is in pretty good shape, don't and well, then we got to win some we shouldn't.

Barely, they played hard, but were able to escape with a W at home

We had one solid shot for the win, and a hurried rebound three attempt, and a desperate last second hook that bounced off the rim

Ulis had the game of his career

Our number one task is to somehow figures way to get the ball to Kris early in the possession where will be able to operate with space

The first half line change seriously changed the complexion of the game at the worst time

:cool:
Wanted to mention Evy 58' Hawks. You had great story about Evy going after Woody Hayes. Osu had a fullback Bob White. Great one! In 58 game,and we were one of Best in counrty. Am in Calif and in my Pop's auto glass store. Like the one from Davenport. Hear results on radio 28 to 28. Just 12, and quite disappointing. So 5 minutes later, announcer "says" mistake, Iowa.loses 38 to 28.. Could not stop White. He was drafted by Houston in Afl. Did not make it. 1st rounder GOOD..

Wanted to mention Evy 58' Hawks. You had great story about Evy going after Woody Hayes. Osu had a fullback Bob White. Great one! In 58 game,and we were one of Best in counrty. Am in Calif and in my Pop's auto glass store. Like the one from Davenport. Hear results on radio 28 to 28. Just 12, and quite disappointing. So 5 minutes later, announcer "says" mistake, Iowa.loses 38 to 28.. Could not stop White. He was drafted by Houston in Afl. Did not make it. 1st rounder GOOD..
WT. ????????????????????????????

What the hell does this have to do with Iowa vs Mich St. or basketball in general?

Hope missing those last second shots doesn't affect the psyche of Sandfort!
He's back to shooting like he's coaxing it in rather than just shooting. Lost confidence. Also D's aren't letting him loose.

With Conner the linebacker shooter and Ullis the driver in, defenses can key on Murray and Sandfort. The big R isn't an outside threat. Defenses adjust.

We got a great shot at the end, this was a likely L any way you slice it, yet you have to feel better about their effort vs the TOSU game.

If we can get that type of game from Ulis more often, we're gonna be just fine rest of way. Doubt we will though and Fran will ride hot hands at the 1.

Hold serve on the next 3 at home and Iowa is in pretty good shape, don't and well, then we got to win some we shouldn't.
That's really been the downfall of Hawks this year ... the drastically inconsistent and unpredictible point guard play. Between Perkins and Ulis you've seen game-dominating outbursts, then, reversions to jr high level decisions and handles. It's like feast or famine with those 2.

If we make our free throws like we’re capable of doing we win this game. Fran drew up a good play that gave us a wide open look at a game winning shot but we missed it. Lastly I know complaining about the officiating isn’t cool but I was never cool. The officiating was the worst I have seen in quite a while. It was extremely one sided. There’s a reason Kris is on the floor as a MSU player is making a wide open 3. There’s a reason we constantly lost the ball as we were going up for a shot. It was bad but similar to some other games we have had against MSU in years past.

If we make our free throws like we’re capable of doing we win this game. Fran drew up a good play that gave us a wide open look at a game winning shot but we missed it. Lastly I know complaining about the officiating isn’t cool but I was never cool. The officiating was the worst I have seen in quite a while. It was extremely one sided. There’s a reason Kris is on the floor as a MSU player is making a wide open 3. There’s a reason we constantly lost the ball as we were going up for a shot. It was bad but similar to some other games we have had against MSU in years past.
In addition, I spent the entire game watching MSU take the ball out of bounds following a call by officials.