Gambrall

AndyHawk

You either want to wrestle or you don't. Your a better wrestler than the wisconsin wrestler plus you cost the hawks 3.5 points. Put someone in their that wants to wrestle.:mad:

You think that he's the better wrestler going against the #1 seed in the tourney who is ranked #3 in the country?

Gambrall's last match today was about the only good one he wrestled the whole tourney.
He cost us a lot of points this weekend.

141 is probably the toughest weight class in the B10's maybe the toughest weight in the country. Comes down to a lack luster semi round. @ 184 Wright upsetting Rutt was the difference in the tourney.

Last edited:
Gambrall was the #3 seed and he only lost to the #1 and #2 seeded wrestlers. You should be more upset at Marion who was the #2 seed and lost to the #3 and #4 seeded wrestlers. Especially in the semis where he was up 5-1 and lost in OT after he initiated a great TD move and got out scrambled.

Gambrall was the #3 seed and he only lost to the #1 and #2 seeded wrestlers. You should be more upset at Marion who was the #2 seed and lost to the #3 and #4 seeded wrestlers. Especially in the semis where he was up 5-1 and lost in OT after he initiated a great TD move and got out scrambled.

Right on the money, AFHawk86!

Gambrall needs to push through whatever it is that's slowing him. Pain, air, fatigue... but he's a hometown boy, who is young and making good step by step. He reminds me a bit of a young Borchel. Let's cut him some slack.

Marion should be wrestling right now like he's on a stay from execution. Don't know what his deal is... but I love watching him work. Such a talent. If he gets himself straight, he has the upside to walk off with a national title, no question.

PSU outwrestled us this weekend. They went 5 for 5 in the finals and got bonus pts in their last match of the day for the win. We can sit back and point to LOTS of scenarios where we could have picked up a point or two. Honestly, I think our guys wrestled very well all in all. AND if losing by a point to PSU is the motivation necessary to hit on all cylinders in a couple of weeks, I'd certainly be willing to take that trade as I'm sure most of you would as well. The most amazing thing to me is seeing the improvement in all the guys from the beginning of the year to now - replacing 8 weights off of a title team. I know that we are Iowa and we should be reloading, but 8 weights???? I'm disappointed about losing, but let's remember too how far some of these guys have come to put us in a position to win.

Tom Brands was quoted as saying "No point in looking backwards, we need to look forward".

I suggest you all do the same. Arguing about who lost us the B10 champs is bullsh$t. Had Marion not gone above and beyond expectations to get back on the team, we wouldn't even have been in that race!

We got 9, PSU's got 7. That's what matters, going into the only meet that matters this year.

Tom Brands was quoted as saying "No point in looking backwards, we need to look forward".

I suggest you all do the same. Arguing about who lost us the B10 champs is bullsh$t. Had Marion not gone above and beyond expectations to get back on the team, we wouldn't even have been in that race!

We got 9, PSU's got 7. That's what matters, going into the only meet that matters this year.

How many did Cornell get?

its amazing how many hawk fans have came out of the woodwork to post once we don't perform and its easy to critique

I thought we performed okay. I was pretty much pleased. I don't have a problem with people on this forum speaking there mind. that's what this forum is for. Should Montell have been smatter, yes. Should Luke have tried for another takedown against Brown, yes. Should Ramos have been given the point for an escape, yes. Smarter, not smatter.

Latest posts